My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Letting It All Hang Out at Blue Man Group

Hi all!

A couple people have asked about the audience participation at last night's show, wondering why Justin would feel inhibited with his mama being there with him. Fortunately, he already knew the premise of the show, having seen it before. The theme of the show is "How to be a Megastar", pretending to go through "steps" to become one. It's equal parts comedy and music-making, quite family-oriented. The 3 Blue Men are bald-headed, totally blue except for the eyes, which they use to express themselves, mostly like, "What is going on here?" expressions. As far as the band goes, they were fantastic, great percussion, my favorite!
*
At points the audience is encouraged to act like we're at a rock concert (excuse me, we're already there!) and we are "taught" to clap, bob our heads, wave our arms in the air, hold our open cell phones up when prompted, and so on. The only thing I didn't do, and we are all glad about that, was the jumping up and down routine. I thought it best......
*
It looked really cool when we did the cell phone thing, arms waving with the little glow of the phones---it looked like fireflies in the darkened arena. Justin participated as much as I expected he would have anyway, and I restrained myself from participating too much! (Make no mistake---it's heck to get old!!)

No comments: