My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I have a guilty conscience...

Yesterday Judy J. called to ask if I ever got the bouquet of flowers her son sent me as 'thanks' for letting them stay here when I was in WI....Well, yes I did, but I never mentioned it in the blog, where Judy gets her information, nor did I mention it to her in person. What I meant to do was get their e-mail address and send them a thanks for their thanks....My mama brought me up better than that!! Sorry!
*
Here's the deal: a couple days after I got back from WI, a lady from the Orange Park Florist called to ask when they could by with a delivery. I said I was home now, and she said the delivery person would come back as soon as he got back to the shop. The lady said a card should have been left telling me a delivery was attemted, but I saw no such card. A bit later, here comes a nice lady trudging up the stairs (still no elevator at this time) with this magnificent bouquet of flowers for me! At this point I had no idea who'd send ME flowers, and I was tickled to pieces. I asked the lady if she'd like to come in and sit down for a bit and catch her breath, but she refused, saying she was on her way home and would rest there. The good news was the someone else had attempted the delivery earlier that day, she didn't have to climb twice!
*
So, yes, Jeff, the flowers came and were beautiful, lasting about two weeks until the daylilies started to drop their petals. The yellow roses left us earlier but the rest hung in a good, long time. Thank you both very, very much for brightening my day and my first weeks at home!

No comments: