My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Okay, sunshine AND grey skies

I feel rather like someone punched me in the stomach. After setting up for Holy Communion at church this morning, I stopped at the cemetery and had to park in a different spot. Across the road from Timmy's site was a funeral taking place and it was parked full. I certainly didn't mind a bit of a walk under the circumstances. One of the guys who works there asked me how my trip was so I had a chance to fill him in on some of the details. He's sorry he asked!
*
With yesterday's storm, the dish holding the little cars was filled with water and leaves. I cleaned that up, swept the marker, stood the angel statue upright and got things all straightened away. During the month of June there aren't many bouquets requested at church, which means I'll have fresh flowers for more than half the Sundays to place at the site.
*
BUT, here's the thing: as I left the cemetery, I saw this rather large sign posted, listing all the things which need to be removed before July 7, 2008, or they will be disposed of. This includes glass, ceramic, shepherd's hooks, flowers not in the "accepted" vases (i.e. those provided by the cemetery). Now, usually the graves in "Babyland" were exempt from the rules already in place, but Timmy's site isn't in Babyland......
*
Since I haven't talked to my contacts at Memory Gardens, can't say for sure I'll have to take it all away or what......I'm just, wow, I don't know.....Makes that whole posting I had about the broken Matchbox car seem rather lame by comparison. Guess they had to just be more firm with people who overstepped the rules. Maybe I can still put stuff on the bench and under the tree...I'll ask John or Mike when I'm there again. That's what I get for going on a long vacation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim I am so sorry. I hope that you won't have to remove anything. Maybe they will allow you to keep things as they were.