My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, May 26, 2008

This was posted at Jami's blog as of yesterday......she mentions me!! These youtube.com links are amazing, brought me to tears!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

What's your cardboard testimony?
My mom sent all of us (family) an e-mail recently, titled: I wanted to share this with you.


"Recently our pastor, Tommy Politz, preached a series of sermons on the 'Generosity Revolution: Next.' It was outstanding. The thing I wanted to show you was something called Cardboard Testimonies, which was done at the end of one of the services. It blew us away and had a profound affect on our congregation. The video of it was so highly requested that they put it on You Tube. Enjoy! The first and last person up is our Pastor, Tommy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvDDc5RB6FQ

This was followed the next week by this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hillsidewired Mom"

Now from Jami:

So ... do me a quick favor and view those videos. Let me just say this:

Everyone has a story to tell. Everyone has a story they are living. Everyone has a life full of pain that can be overcome. And everyone has the opportunity to turn that pain, that turmoil, those really poor decisions you made (yeah, I raise my hand on that one), into something for which you can give God glory.
Regarding the second video, I want to challenge all of us to follow suit. Reach out and give to someone. Make an impact. Make it a positive one.And if you don't have money to give, give your time, or give your smile. Give your kind words or your encouragement.
This life is so full of pain and hardship; you may be the only person in an individual's life today to offer hope, love and encouragement.
Generosity Revolution Let the light of Jesus shine in you.
(Kim Day, I know you will appreciate this one!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jami said...
Hi, Kim,

I knew you would relate to the couple whose child died. You've also said enough for me to know that you're all about spreading God's love ... unfortunately, because we human beings tend to be hard-headed, the most "ripe" and vulnerable moments for folks to hear and feel it is during personal pain. I wish we weren't that way, but at least in my experience, that's what I've found.

Bless you for turning your tragic situation into something that does glorify the Lord.

May 27, 2008 2:13 PM

Anonymous said...

Jami said...
Hi, Kim,

I knew you would relate to the couple whose child died. You've also said enough for me to know that you're all about spreading God's love ... unfortunately, because we human beings tend to be hard-headed, the most "ripe" and vulnerable moments for folks to hear and feel it is during personal pain. I wish we weren't that way, but at least in my experience, that's what I've found.

Bless you for turning your tragic situation into something that does glorify the Lord.

May 27, 2008 2:13 PM