My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm freaking out here!

I was in the middle of researching some patio finishing materials for the condo association when this warning flashed across my screen about a virus being detected and that some system was going to battle against it.....I am not sure if its legit or not, afraid of downloading some product or whatever that I will be compelled to buy. I've sent a text message to Justin but think he's still busy with his father. Have I totally compromised my system by not accepting the offer to purge the viruses???? If so, I will miss you all terribly!!!
*
I don't know if I am compromised or not, but in speaking with Justin, he said he didn't load any virus protection when switching machines and loading new software. Perhaps I only assumed that the Norton from other computer would move with this one, not too savvy on my part. I was having unprotected surfing! Researching a product to use on our second floor sundeck after the ceramic tile is taken up.....wham!
Believe you me---I am going to find the best, cheapest method for treating the sundeck available, as we are being killed with assessments this year....more on that later.....
*
I have since purchased Norton and have it in place, hopefully it will corral anything that slipped in last night and I won't have any further problems. I bought more expensive package which allows me to backup some of my files, primarily photos and e-mails. I hoard those e-mails! You never know when you won't get anymore and have to re-read the old ones just to stay alive!!!!
*
Time to go to the dentist to be patched up after last week's root canal. I had the appointment moved from 2:00 pm to 1:30 pm...and this a.m. they called to see if I can come at 10:00 a.m. I am nothing if not flexible!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with your puter and your teeth. Such things going in our family with sickness, teeth and hernias. Hopefully everyone will be well soon and we can get back to normal.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

You got that right! What would we actually 'do' with normal?????