My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, June 27, 2008

It's a dog's life.......and I'd like it to be mine!

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
*
When a loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
*
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
*
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
*
Take naps. Stretch before rising.
*
Run, romp, and play daily.
*
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
*
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
*
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
*
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
*
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
*
Be loyal.
*
Never pretend to be something you're not.
*
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. (This isn't always good advice....)
*
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
*
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

*************************************************************************************

The above came from my lemon tree doctor and I found it perfect to start my day---after I stretched getting up from my "big nap"!

A bit more about the eye-rolling and such with the supplements......as I get ready for bed, more pill popping takes place. Besides my scrips for Adult On-set Old Age (ahem, ahem) I also take a baby aspirin to prevent heart attacks plus a fish oil pill to reduce cholesterol. I first learned about the fish oil pills from Jean N.'s brother who went on the cruise with us in 2005. My family doctor takes them also, and I really like him, so followed his advice. They are harmless, don't taste like fish, and I really, really hate the idea of taking the scrips for lowering cholesterol!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your full day's events I am exhausted. Of course it doesn't help that I work all the time. I am just glad that you have a full life filled with great family and friends.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jilly Willy!

I was talking with Christine the other day and I reminded her worrying about me living up here in this comfy nest of mine. She said I would become a hermit. You don't know how easily that could happen. Christine said about herself that her home and environs are so wonderful, sometimes its just as much fun to stay home as it is to go out!

Have a good day and work only as far as you must!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim- I wouldn't mind being a hermit for a couple of days. Guess that would be called vacation in a way.