My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

"There will be questions........"

I just got home from seeing "Mamma Mia", still reveling in the moment.....

The actors did a fantastic job of it, but were seriously paled by the scenery. Half way through the movie I was all set to come home and pack my bags for a lengthy stay in Greece. Oh, the longing is making my head spin!! I remember Konstantine, our guide on St. Paul's 2nd Missionary tour, described it as a "Greek state of mind", this similar "state of mind" for Italy, as well. Should all my decisions be so difficult!!!!
*
Of course, I do not want to give away the plot of the movie except to say---besides a little dose of 'suggestive' subject matter---it was an almost 'get up on your feet and dance' experience. It brought tears a little bit in places, perhaps not to everyone; to someone who has had to say "good-bye" to a loved one, yeah, it brought tears, but few.

How odd to be so taken away by this movie, since the early hours this a.m. were spent scouting cruises and destinations for the trip planned in 2009 with a couple lady friends. We want to get as much bang for our buck and I'd just love to take them to Alexandria to see the pyramids and sphinx at Giza, and the museum of the antiquities, and the beautiful coastline cities in Croatia, and Thira on the mountain-top in the Greek Isles..............That's alot of bang!!!
Just look at that face! Who wouldn't be delighted to have a cafe named after themselves????? And that blue, blue water........
*
There is a part in the movie where these "unwanted" gentlemen arrive on the island and the proprietess of the villa wants to remove them, shall we say, permanently. One of her lady friends dissuade her from causing the men bodily harm, because "there will be questions". This threw me into controlled hysterics, just tickled my funny bone. "There will be questions".........

No comments: