My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

This TV Guide crossword puzzle book is kicking my butt!

During moments of meditation, I work on a TV Guide puzzle book kept on the back of the lav. I hope it's not me getting more stupid but it seems as though fewer and fewer of the clues result in immediate answers. Some clues are so absolutely obscure that I'd slap the person who actually knew the answer without looking it up. I am happy the solutions are printed in the back of the book or I'd have flushed it down page by page before now! It just irritates me being "clueless" when it comes to answering these supposed "common knowledge" hints, like the middle name of the co-host of the morning show in Cleveland, OH, in 1976. Please!
*
To my delight, I just hit the Spell Check button and I got the answer I love the most: No misspellings found!!!!!! Life's simple pleasures......
*
In a moment I am getting dressed for church but have to wait until my mud mask dries. Once it's on for 10-15 minutes, I can scrub like nuts to get it off, and watch the breakout on my face disappear. It seems to be doing the trick, and I hope it's not merely an illusion. As I am getting ready for worship, I'll assume Robbie is as well. He is in Morton Grove, IL with the Pranges, and is playing the organ at Jerusalem Lutheran Church, Pete's congregation. I nearly wept when I heard he was going to have the privilege and would LOVE to have been there to hear it, hear him, praise the Lord at Jerusalem this morning, with some of my loved ones in the house! Break a leg, Robbie!
*
After this service they are heading to the Worship Conference in MN together. This was something I considered attending as well, to hear and sing with the chorus, once again being able to sing "Jerusalem, the Golden". WWAAYY too emotional for me, but I could do it, I think.......
*
"I know not, oh, I know not what joys await us there, what radiancies of glory, what bliss beyond compare......"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You missed a good time at the steak fry. As usual good food and good company. Hope all your parties and things went well. Today I am feeling a bit poorly. We ate at Charcoal Grill and I believe the sun got to me.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

I heard from Lori about the steak fry and how Jamie had to keep chasing Hunter around the yard. Gabe and Manny had a good time as well. Sorry that you don't feel well, but am wondering how hot it was that you got so overheated.....the Weather Channel said highs in the mid 70's. My mouth waters for a good steak, even a brat would be delightful. Glad you got to hold your grandson again! I hope you feel better!

Hugs,

Kim