My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

About friendships....

Okay, so make a liar out of me--again! One of the ladies can't make it today as her back is hurting too much. She has rheumatoid arthritis so I give her a pass. She serves as the ultimate inspiration to Martie and me, hardly lets anything discourage her! A real go-getter, and will be again once the back problem is addressed. I often tease that Chris has no original parts---everything inside her is now titanium!
*
Sunday at the pool, a group of us ladies were chatting about friends and their value. Miss Chardonnay was filled with some sort of self-pity that day which rather changed up the conversation to a whole 'nother level. My theory was: a true, genuine article friend would be the one to change your bedpan when you're sick. This came to light when my friend, Brenda N., hurt her foot badly and was in wheelchair, not able to put any weight on the foot at all. Her better friend, stayed with her and took care of her bodily needs in such a manner. A true measure of love!
*
Who are the friends you could count on, especially in a time of need? I pray your list is long, and don't hesitate to include your family members in your list of friends! If your list seems to be short, now is the time to cultivate some friendships, keeping in mind they don't all have to bedpan friends!

No comments: