My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catching up...

....on some things left unsaid. Really? She left something unsaid???
*
Jill told me the other day that the lady whose photo I'd taken at the ice cream parlor, posing with the garishly dressed giant cow, came back to ask Jill if her sister was still in town because she'd hoped to return the favor by taking my picture before the cow was "undressed" again. Jill was surprised, but shouldn't have been, that this lady came in asking for me! I tell everybody I see in Manty about Jill being the manager of the ice cream parlor by the big cow, so it's no wonder this lady knew to come back there.
*
I've gotten a number of e-mails from friends welcoming me back home again. One in particular arrived this morning from Leanne: "...YOU'RE HOME!!! I HAVE MISSED YOU BIG TIME. I HAVE CANDY CORN FOR YOU. IT REMINDS ME OF YOU EVERY TIME I SEE IT. I'LL BRING IT Sunday. I CAN'T WAIT TO HUG YOU. LOVE YA" It's great to be home again! We will see each other at Bible study tonight, "Angels and Demons" as our subject matter. I missed on Sunday and we cover the same material during the week in the evening for those who aren't able to make study on Sundays. What could be more perfect?
*
Rosalie and her Internet is up and running again, so things have somewhat returned to normal for her in Houston. Thank the good Lord for sparing my friends from tragedy! The President is going to speaking at the UN at 10:30 but I'll be in the beauty shop when he does so. I can catch it on the computer or a replay later today. At this moment Neal Boortz is interviewing Sen. McCain on his radio program, and before he's letting him go, Neal is asking him about supporting the Fair Tax. Neal just asked him to do lunch after he's sworn in so they can go over the Fair Tax and get it into place....oh, that Neal, like he'd be invited to lunch at the White House. Yes, he's been to lunch and meetings at the White House during this present administration! He thinks he has a standing invite now!
*
Time to dress for the day. The sun is playing peek-a-boo with me but I did wake to a clear sky and bright sunlight. During the night there was heavy rain because I woke enough to hear it. I think I heard dripping in some part of my house but wasn't interested in going to check on it. My towels and sheets are still in place so it's okay to let it rain. I should write a song called "Let It Rain".....oh, wait, someone already did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Welcome Home!!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jami@

It is good to be back, and using my own computer again! On this machine, I know where all the buttons are. I have two newsletters to write before the end of the week which will keep me out of mischief, at least to a point!

Hugs,

Kim