My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

My head is pounding, but it's a good pounding.....

....now that my two lady friends from church left for their nearly hour long ride home. No, it might be less than an hour since they're already on this side of the bridge. They work in Mandarin and live in the next county west of here. Must love their jobs!
*
Linda and Leanne joined me here to watch the video taken on January 19, 2001, at Good Shepherd. Never before and never since has our church had so many people in attendence----as the preacher says, it takes the funeral of a 4 (5)-year-old child to pack the house. "Jesus Triumphs Over Tragedy". Need I say more? (Reference postings from January 13, 2oo8)
*
Leanne told me she felt privileged to be able to watch it with me, and to hear that wonderful message. Good! I was hoping I didn't make her do something she didn't really want to do. She got much from "attending" this service, hearing the message, and seeing Linda with brown hair!!!
*
If I had it to do over again and had my wits about me, I'd have had the camera man get more of the attendees into the frame to help me remember who was there, those I couldn't see standing along the walls or in the very back or in the fellowship hall. I could hear the policeman's whistle, Brad, as he directed traffic on Argyle Forest Blvd. Many folks attended who didn't get a chance to sign the Guest Book and my memory is either foggy from the events of the day and/or I just can't remember all those who came in support for our family.
*
What's great about having the video tape is being able to see so many faces not seen in a long time. Some have moved to other parts of the country, some have moved on to heaven, while some only come on special days on the church calendar. Tomorrow I must call my friend in TN and catch up with what's happening in their lives. Their young daughter came to the front of the church before the funeral service and simply buried her face in my lap, mourning her lost friend. Judy said she didn't know if she should come and get Rachel or leave her there, and I motioned to leave her there until she was ready to walk away. She was probably about 6 at the time, just a bit older than Timmy. Sweet memories! Back in 2003, Cindy and Judy H. joined me at home in The Preserve to revisit that momentous day, and our heads were pounding that night, too. How wonderful to have my dear friends around me so I don't have to watch it alone.......Yes, you, Cindy!!!!!
I miss you, Judy H. !!!!!!!!! I'll call you tomorrow!!!!! Somewhere in my vast photo collection I have a shot of Rachel and Timmy playing on the floor in the Fellowship Hall in front of the soda machine. I'm going to find that picture, once I have everything ready for the pending storms...
*
Justin is coming to help get things ready in case Ike comes to Orange Park. I feel I must protect my art work, especially the special portrait plus my own creations, secure my scrap books in a high, dry place, gather my important documents, protect my electronics, and basically get things away from the windows and off the floor-------just in case! Am I scared? You bet I am!!!

3 comments:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hey Kim,

Love your blog, so interesting. When you made the reference to the earlier blog, I went back and read it. Sounds like you have been through a lot, sorry about your son, I bet you miss him.

Good that you can watch the video and have good friends so you don't have to do that alone. I hope you don't get him by the storms.

Keep up the postings, because you do my living for me!

Geri

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Thanks, Geri!

If you're a new reader, welcome. If not, it's great to hear from you. Yes, I do love having people to share this revisit with me, even though it's hard on us all. It's a good hard, though.

So far it appears Ike will be staying down in south Florida instead of up here. Thanks be to God! I hope you're a believer in the Lord Jesus....

Kim

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! Guess who this is??? Come on! Ok, ok, Ill give you some hints:I am in middle school now (well my last year) I have braces! (blue and pink) Dad's work is going good. Mom is still at home. And my sister is in forth grade. Know who it is now? One last hint:we currently live in Knoxville, TN. Yup!!! It's me Rachel! Writting to you from our home computer. I was going through some of mom's email. Yea, I know privicy, but she also goes onto my stuff anyway. And I happened to come across your email. So just like anyother teen you ignores the privicy rule with parets, I read it! Yea. It was really good, and I bet you didn't know I have been dieing to get a hold of you. So much has changed. We are not the only house anymore.And I have gone through a lot of changes this year. But one thing remains the same:my soul. This year I had to figure out who my true friends were. It was terrible. But my heart and soul are a better because of it. (Ill tell you the story later if you wish.) Anyway back to what I was getting at. I read the blog part about me and I started cryibg all over. Like somehow I manged to remember it all. I still think of Timmy, about every morning. The picture we have (his birthday) is on my nightstand. So I see it bout every morning and when I do I say, "Morning Timmy!" We all miss you so much!!! I know Mom does, she talks bout you frenquentally. I hope you do consider a visit here, it's very nice. You would love Cade's Cove. (It's in the mountains) I look forward to hearing from you. -Rachel Hutchens-