My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Personal highs and lows

In watching the end of "The Story..." last night, and again watching it today, I am considering the parts where Ben and Katie's family would sit around the dinner table and revisit their personal highs and lows of the day. What an excellent recap and evaluation of what makes up a day in peoples' lives. How often don't we just do and do and do and not even pay attention to stuff around us, and how it affects us or others? Think about it...

I already had a number of highs today, including getting my toes and my fingers done, at least partially done. Lisa looked at my nails and determined they need more hydration, which means another mark in the corner of water drinking. Who'd think? She put a clear layer of nail treatment on them instead of my standard garish color, saying the nails needed to breathe. They need more hydration to help keep the ridges and peeling to a minimum. I was aware of the peeling and Lisa W. said it would help, so, I'll do it!

I'd called Brenda W. to see if she'd want to meet for lunch but it turned out she isn't working today. What? On a Friday, the busiest day in a builder's office? It seems both Jimmie and she are off work on Fridays now because of work cutbacks. Ouch! I just hate to hear this kind of stuff, you know?

My low would be having thought the posting was saved only to find out it wasn't. My signal has been fluctuating the past two days so that's probably what happened here. Let's see if I can recreate what I wrote...

I wrote about having lunch with Dee and Julia at Koko's today, which would be my personal high so far. Tonight my plans have been changed by the church calendar, scheduling youth group with pizza/game night on Fridays instead of the last Sunday. Oops, glad they brought it to my attention at choir on Wednesday. I was going to an Open House at The Club but it's no big deal if I go or not, because I really missed my church family when I was gone. My next "high" might be winning at Scrabble!

Can't remember what else crossed my mind and was lost in the air somewhere over Orange Park. I hope you have more highs today than lows!





No comments: