My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Story of Us

Set your DVRs or VCRs for a great movie on Lifetime tonight. It's called "The Story of Us" with Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer, from 1999. I know, I know, my son doesn't like me to watch that channel under normal circumstances but tonight, I can make an exception. If you read my profile for this blogsite, you'll find this movie listed under Favorite Movies, so just know I have history with this one.
*
I saw this movie on an airplane back in early 2000, which my friend, Jimmie and I like to say "sucked". Not the movie, the turn of the century fluff. Neither of us were all that thrilled with the new millenium, let me tell you! I was still married at the time but had only a short while prior been informed he was no longer "in love", as it were, the whole cliched mess after 25 years of marriage. That was the beginning of the roller coaster we rode until finally "dissolving" in 2004. Pete rode the roller coaster with me, helped me to hang on and held the barf bag when I needed it. So, anyway, I just wanted to set the background for the scenario under which I viewed this movie.
*
To not give it away, at least too much, imagine yourself in the situation I found myself and watching this movie in a "theater" from which you could not depart....so I watched. My former spouse was asleep, or at least looked that way, so I was more or less alone with the 400 others on the flight. This trip was something we earned by purchasing X amount of trim and trusses from the lumber company, one we always looked forward to each year. And Hawaii??? Come on!!! Who'd want to miss that? Certainly not me! So, I watched and wept and watched and wept, my whole shirt totally soaked with tears. It was such a good movie, with a happy ending. I can't give it away though, you must watch and then imagine the heartache experienced....like biting on a sore tooth. You just can't not bite on that tooth!
*
I'll be awaiting your reviews and comments, even if you didn't get to watch it yet. I have to go check Jami's list of favorites to see if we shared this favorite movie!!!!

No comments: