My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A very busy week for me

Again the sun is playing games with me, poking out from behind grey clouds. In fact, everything looks grey from a distance--the water, sky, clouds, horizon. Only the palms up close are in color which would make for a great painting, but I don't have time for that right now. I need to paint with words as I have two newsletters due out by the end of the week. Yikes!
*
I've already been busy around here, getting things in order for the housekeepers to come and do their thing. The sheets and towels which were in place for leaks are swishing around in the washer right now while the dryer tumbles some of my traveling clothes. It seems more clothes than I actually took, which is true by one pair of jeans and a top. I had to wash my new top already since I wore it for the flight home, and dripped mayo on it while enjoying a hot dog at the airport.
*
On the Chicken Noodle Network (CNN), according to Neal, a poll shows one party is blamed two to one for the financial problems being addressed these days. The records actually show that one certain party in Congress has repeatedly voted down reforms which would have prevented this debacle, in part because of the demands for more affordable housing and low-income mortgages being made available. But, no one is really interested in the facts when it comes to pocketbook issues. It will be interesting to see what comes from the big meeting taking place at this writing between Bernanke, Paulson, and the GOP leadership regarding the bail-out. Ugh, I hate this mess!
*
The sun is warming my arms when it peeks out and I am tempted to close my doors, which just happened to be open all night long, because the breeze is cool on my feet. I could possibly put my slippers on and keep the door open so it's cool for the cleaners. The dredgers are still at it in the basin area outside my windows and I can't help but wonder what is taking them so long to get their job accomplished. One of my neighbors was out there in his boat and taking measurements, as he has an interest in getting this marina in place ASAP. He reports little progress after all these months.
*
Oh, no, I guess I'll have to go live in a home........I did something stupid! I just went to check on my sliding doors, which, as I mentioned earlier, had been open since yesterday late afternoon. The screen doors were not closed all this while, which means I could have had birds and other wildlife taking up residence in my home right under my nose. How in the world did I not notice they were opened?????
*
Just when you think it can't get any weirder in this world, you (I) read an article on Drudge about PETA urging Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream be made using breast milk instead of cow's milk........I'm rushing right out now to buy some B & J's Ice Cream. NOT!!! While they purport to be advocates for the family farm, now they are being asked to by-pass the cow's milk for human breast milk. I wonder how often the nursing mothers will have to line up to be milked like cows do? What next? Those two loons are goofy enough anyway, they might just do it!
*
Well, now the sun is completely disappeared so my arms are no longer being warmed. A Fish and Game boat just successfully scooted through an area normally closed by sand, but since the river is quite high and not a little bit wild, the boat was able to get through. It looks like it did during the tropical storm in August except it isn't raining at all--yet. Last night at Bible study, I received a lovely book mark from Leanne, who is currently president of my fan club, it seems. She'd watched the funeral video with me a couple weeks ago and remembered the comment I'd made regarding Pastor Prange's use of the verse from Psalm 46 where God tells us to just "be quiet", "I have everything under control". She went in search of this passage on a book mark and found one. "Be still, and know that I am God."




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back safe and sound. Last week and the upcoming weeks will be tough. Mike worked for Merrill Lynch for 23 years and we don't know what will be happening.
But that morning when we heard the news, our first thoughts were panic, then I literally felt this weight off my shoulders. God carried it for me. I wish I could explain the peace I felt in my heart. And when I got to work, Deb and Lisa were so worried and kind and there with hugs it made me weep. Our church President stopped by with some business to do and he even asked how we were doing.
Donnie and Amanda will let us live with them, we just have to bring the pool! We will dig it up put one end on their truck and the other end on my SUV and drive it down to their house. It was really comforting to know people cared. First that I remember to give it to God, wellHe took it before it all sunk in, and secondly that I have church family that understands. These are blessings beyond beliefe!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Cindy!

How this financial stuff shakes out and how many people it affects......terrible! I have room, too, and will be honored to have you come stay with me, as well. I have 3 pools at my disposal---as if that matters in the scheme of things.

What has Mike heard at work about his status? I guess no one really has answers yet, just more and more questions and concern. Good thing you have the Lord to lean on in these dire times! And you can lean on me, too!

Love and hugs,

Kim