My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, October 31, 2008

I was a sleepy head this morning!

I got up at one point to use the bathroom this a.m., it was still quite dark outside. When getting back into bed, I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up in the middle of a repeat of "The Starter Wife" after 8:00 a.m. Wow, I must have been really tired or was enjoying my dreams so much.
*
Not the last one, though. I was dreaming about the Ladies' Advent Service which, for some reason, was being held in the basement room of the house I grew up in Manitowoc. The only lights were on pull-strings, which is probably not the worst thing when trying to have a church function in the yukky basement. Only three people came, one of which was Brian, who is NOT a lady. As I handed out the "programs" there was no Order of Service or Advent story in it, more like Sunday school papers or something stapled together. I told the three people to read through it while I ran upstairs to download something quickly from the Internet. Not sure how that worked out, but does make me want to be extremely thorough on the Ladies' Advent Service at Good Shepherd!
*
More later, since I must get ready for the day. I have an appointment with one of my financial counselors, Diane, with whom I have a personal connection. I took her a copy of Timmy's funeral service in January when meeting with her, the week of Timmy's funeral. She's a great Christian lady and a pleasure to spend time with, although I don't know what she's going to tell me today.................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been a sleepy head today. Upstairs people were very noisy at 5 a.m. and I am on vacation today. They also woke up Dan but not that early. Time to have a talk with the landlord again. My mission today is to get Dan's closet cleaned out and take things to Repeat Performance. Hope your day goes well and that it warms up for you soon. It is supposed to be nice here. Sun is out which helps. Love you!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

I am so sorry about the noisy neighbors. If only there was more insulation between the floor and ceiling....How is their baby doing, by the way?

Thanks for donating the Repeat Performance, glad to know it's going to support our high school, Danny's school!

It is in the low 70s today so it's getting better. Hope you stay warm and snuggly, too!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

it was a beautiful day here today. sun was shining and the temps were warm. good day for a vaction day. soon the little trick or treeaters will be here so i best go.