My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let the game begin!

It's quite breazy outside tonight, as I can hear the palms rustling against the wind. I just love that sound, it's so calming. It's totally dark already at this hour, as I wait for the Jaguar game to begin. This will be a late night in my household if they stay in the game against the Steelers. If it goes badly for the Jags, well, then, good night!
*
Worship was excellent today, many visitors and guests. There was holy communion with additional music plus Robbie sang the cantor part of Psalm 23 for us. Suzanne played the viola before, during and after worship which adds so much to our worship. When Carol was going up for communion and was standing next to me in the aisle, she leaned over as I was singing and said, "Thank you". Choked me up for a bit because I'd been recently remembering the lovely card she wrote me after her mom died, thanking me for carrying the hymn singing during the funeral service. And now, she did it again.
*
Since I was going to Palm Coast, I didn't stick around after church (Justin would have been so proud of me!) but went almost immediately to my car to head out. When I'd left home, I noticed my gas gauge was closer to a quarter tank than I'd like but figured I'd make it to the restaurant just fine. Well, sure enough, about three miles from my exit I heard the little "ding" sound indicating it was time to get gas. This absolutely freaks me out, any bells, whistles or lights on my dash that don't belong there throws me into a fit. I made it safely to the gas station at my exit and the tank took about the entire amount of gallons that it held. Taught me a lesson, because that was wwaayy too close for my comfort.
*
Even with stopping to fill up my tank, I arrived around the corner at Ruby Tuesday where I was meeting Tina, Keith, and Maya in plenty of time. I hadn't seen Keith in ages since usually he's working when we go down there. It's very hard on Tina to travel with Maya, just turning two, because she has no rest in her bones, always wanting to climb on or touch things. She asked my opinion on baby names and, of course, I like 'Hannah' but Tina is concerned the name is too popular right now with the Montana thing. She doesn't want her child to be one of six Hannah's in her class. Tina knows both my kids were supposed to be Hannah's, but that name never caught on for boys!
*
Once back at their home, I gave Maya her belated birthday presents from Justin and me. I'd found this great soft, soft throw with one corner shaped into a crown and has a light up heart shape on it. Two other corners have little pouches sewed in to put her hands in for warmth. It's all princesses all the time for Maya so it was perfect. Keith took great pictures of her wearing her royal robes and coloring with the triangular shaped crayons I found. We also gave her two coloring books, one good for restaurants and one good for driveway. It's huge! Almost didn't fit in the largest gift bag they sold!
*
I was not able to stay very long, though, because I had to turn myself around and head back to Jax to meet the 'family' at Clark's Fish Camp. Justin was planning to meet me at Lowe's so we could ride in together, as parking is difficult once at the camp. However, he said he didn't feel well again so opted to stay home. Thursday he said he wished we could go to Clark's and now, having a chance, decided to stay home. I think he was having more fun watching football at home with his buds and it felt good to not have to go somewhere. All were sad he wasn't there so I let him know he was missed at the table. There were 17 of us so were not short of people!
*
Bruce's sister, Julie, commented that she liked the color of my telephone and I showed her how it went with my earings. She said Sandy had told her about my house, all the glass and bright colors. Bruce piped up, "She's got a lot of color in her life!" which was a nice thing to say, but Rick and Jen's son paid me a terrific compliment, totally out of nowhere. Chris said, "if you were in a pitch dark room and Miss Kim walked in, the room would be bright, she has so much color!" This caused me to tear up a bit and I thanked him for saying such a nice thing. I reached in my purse and gave him a dollar as a token of my affection. Sandy was also telling Julie, who lives in Boston, that as far as I'm concerned, neither Rick nor Bruce can do any wrong in my book! And that's the truth! Julie said their mom feels the same way about Bruce!
*
I am halfway through the book, The Shack, and wow!, Judy R. was right! I do need to hang on for dear life. It's so good! Jami, of Cat's Meow, just finished reading it again and is writing about it on her blog as well. Paul and Emily are ready to play "Seinfeld" with me but Paul assures me that this will be HIS game, mop the floor with me. I can take it, Paul, I can take it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

computek4tekGabriel sang Psalm 23 in church yesterday too! It was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim, I'm about to go private on my blog. I'll need you to email me so I can put you on the list.