My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Another wonderful, fun-filled day

Judy and I are sitting here, sprawled out after dining sumptuously at The Blu Grotto. We had 13 of us there including Judy and laughed 'til we ached! Besides the most excellent of feasts, our server was delightful. Gia, from Sarnelli's, was working as Hostess tonight and tried to help the poor guy waiting on us deliver the meals to our table. She couldn't tell by looking at the entrees what they were so great fun was had trying to figure out who had whose meal. Put some marinara on it and evidently the food becomes unidentifiable!
*
Janet was true to form tonight and entertained us all. Both Janet and Judy went to DMLC, one year apart but somehow their paths didn't cross. Didn't matter though, they still hit it off famously. Some of the ladies were there when we headed for home, but not sitting at the table. After some consideration, Judy and I decided to not stick around and head for home. Judy felt she should "cram" before going to see "Seinfeld" so we are soaking up some of the culture which is "Seinfeld"! She also got to meet Emily who will be joining us at the show Thursday night. We are all getting so excited about seeing his show!
*
While we were strolling on St. George street today, we happened upon, quite by accident, the most wonderful chocolate shop where we all three picked a delicious treat. Mine included some dark chocolate angel food candy, EXACTLY like I get in Manty at Beernsten's! I don't need to go up there anymore since I can get my angel food just down the road at St. Augustine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Sounds like I missed great fun tonight! Oh well! John has been working up in Yulee for the last 3 weeks, and hasn't been getting home until late. When I talked to him at 5, he was still busily working, so I told him not to rush, and just be careful on his way home.

Funny about Daniel's boots! I'll have to send you a picture that we took at our friend Hughey's yesterday afternoon. He wasn't wearing his cowboy boots, because I didn't want them dirtied, but he was wearing his hiking boots, that also light up! It made it easy to spot him while we were enjoying the fire after the sun went down.

Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

We did have a blast last night, and you would have, too, if you rode with Janet and Renee!

The way it came up with Daniel's boots was Chrissie and I were trying to decide if the little rubber clog shoes on the display rack at Burkenstock were for boys or for girls....it was hard to tell! Reminded me of the boots story!

See you on Wednesday night! I hope Judy gets to hear you play the viola at least once as she's coming along to help sing alto. Judy says her instrument is her voice!

Hugs,

Kim