My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, November 21, 2008

A creative day all around

I am listening to creativity as I write, such a day! The episode of "you know who" is quite creative, where Jerry and George are having a terrible time trying to put together three sentences to present to NBC for the pilot, and they are hungry for an idea. They make me laugh, those two guys, actually all four of them. "Finally! My stupidity pays off!!!!" "Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in!" There are three sailboats, almost equally spaced, dancing along on the river as the sun is getting ready to set. I should be getting ready for my evening trip to St. Augustine for the pre-Thanksgiving gathering with the Olson's at their beach house, culminating with a bonfire on the beach behind the condo. Can't wait but, as Lisa told me last night, I must go regardless of the "chill in the air"....
*
Justin stopped by to pick up some donations to Victory's Yard Sale tomorrow. They got rained out last week and have to try again this week. I didn't take a single thing to Good Shepherd's sale but, to Victory's, yes! Justin is moving tomorrow, too, so it's a busy day on Kernan Blvd. When he called me this afternoon, he asked me if I was coming over to "run the move" or if he was going to do it, I told him he could run the show. I have sent my credit card info to the movers to avoid having to give my credit card to Justin and risk having it fall into the wrong hands or have some other evil befall it. It is so much safer to have it floating through the Internet for all the world to see than to let Justin pack it safely into his wallet!!!!
*
Time for me to head out for St. Augustine so must begin the layering process. Have a blessed evening all, as will I!!!!!
*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim- I feel like abandoned you. I am all caught up on your blogs now. After reading about Linda's floor I have to tell you this. I came home the other night to no heat in the house. Luckily we were able to get it fixed very quickly. It must have been out for awhile but the people upstairs didn't even call the landlord. I am cleaning the fridge and must go finish. I will talk to you soon. Love you!

Anonymous said...

We saw Dave off yesterday. Kim I have to tell you this, while we were touring the ship I saw all the familiar faces I've seen from prior visits to the ship and I realized that they've become a part of my family too. Dad's holding newborns while their other kids ran around their feet. Their wives trying to stay strong. It hit my heart so strong and so hard it hurt! But they were all ready to go and do what they had to do.
CJ thought Uncle Dave's ship was "Cool". He met the Commanding Officer and sat in his chair. We met the navigator of the ship. The funny thing is they all told us to stay safe as we met them. I told each and every one of them, No you stay safe! I still have a headache from trying not to cry and stay stong for Dave. I thought I knew what being a part of Navy life was like. I was totally clueless!

Cindy

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Sister,

I am so sorry to hear about having no heat. That would not be tolerable for me. And your upstairs neighbor have that baby and a little one, why didn't they call the Landlord I wonder?

Glad your fridge is cleaned out. I should go check my own to see what has outlived its usefullness.....

Love and hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Cindy!

Sorry to hear about your bad day seeing "Uncle Dave" off. Thursday both with my mom and Pastor Hoyer were discussions about what makes up our military and the types of work they do. Pastor said that until he moved here to Jax, he had no appreciation for what military families go through, both those deployed and those left behind to wait. My heart aches for you, dear friend!!!

Love and hugs,

Kim