My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm such a dunce sometimes

Yes, only sometimes! In re-reading my posting from Friday, I see I failed to mention what exactly I did that was "creative", other than listening to "Seinfeld". After spending an hour and a half on the phone with a long lost friend, I had to rush right out the door, with no make-up on, to attend an Open House at the home of Lisa, the Creative Memories lady. I found her home with no difficulty, talking to my renewed acquaintance all the way there, and trying to apply eye make-up and blusher as I sat in Lisa's driveway. Finally my friend had to go as she was seeing a Thanksgiving program at Josh's school, perfect timing for me to go in for my "appointment" with Lisa.
*
Lisa showed me the wonderful things that CM has come out with this season, including a digital book she made about her father, in celebration of his 80th birthday. It looked so profession and was quite the tribute to her dad. Something to think about, that's for sure. I picked up a few things for my new best friend, Chrissie, as she is just starting out and needs some basic "tools" of the craft, as it were. I'd hate for her to go buy things on her own and end up with stuff she doesn't even need, like I did in my flurry of purchasing years ago. I also came away with some little gifts just for showing up, some tickets in for the "big" drawing she's having, plus a "make and take" item to work on when there. I passed on that, since I talked too much and rolled into the next person's appointment. Had a cup of hot cider and a sugar cookie, though, and great conversation, and came away with lovely parting gifts. Creativity comes in all shapes and sizes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was grocery shopping today I saw the sugar cookies and immediately thought of you. If I knew I wouldn't eat them I would have gotten some and froze them for you. Hot cider sounds good too since I ahve been chilly all day. Doesn't help when I have to go down in the basement. Maybe I will make some hot chocolate now and try to warm up.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Do you have to go into the basement for the laundry? Too bad if you do. I guess you can't wait until it warms up, can you? My friend, Martie, was here with her two of her grands yesterday and their plans for the evening included hot chocolate and kids movie while snuggling on the bed. Nice!

Hugs.

Kim