My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Lord's Supper Carving

This beautiful carving is displayed in the church narthex at First German Lutheran Church. When seen in person, one can pick out facial expression and depth of this lovely piece, which was donated many years ago by one of the members. This congregation is more than 150 years old, and my mom has been a member here all of her 84 years. The pastor pictured on the right is the one who is leaving at the end of this month, and Justin and I will have the privilege of attending his farewell dinner and last service here. Sort of makes the bad weather worthwhile.........sort of.

2 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

Hi Kim,
One more contact point! I've sent you an email... Gordon will be missing our Christmas Eve events, as he fell today and will be having surgery tomorrow sometime.

Will keep you posted! Poor Gordy!

By the way, I like the carving. It's beautiful!

Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzane,

Thanks for the update but as I mention in my recent posting, folks have been calling all evening. It just makes me sick thinking about this happening! He was so excited about the turnout on Sunday and all that, and now, on his back with a broken hip! Yikes!

Love and hugs,

Kim