My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pictures, so you know I was telling the truth!

This un-retouched photo was taken on Friday, December 19th, before the sun rose, if it did that day. The snow makes for an almost spooky look over Mom's parking lot. You can barely see the legs of an overturned lawn chair sticking out from the bank, which helps demonstrate just how deep was the snow.
Wisely, I stuck a yard stick into the bank/drift on my Mom's patio, just off her living room. Sadly, only I know what it said as far as depth goes, and you'll simply have to take my word for it that the measurement read 11".


My niece, Alayna, busily attempting to remove the ice and snow from Grandma K's car, as it runs in the parking lot. This was not the same day as the first blizzard but more likely after one of the smaller storms we experienced that two weeks I was up there. Someone asked me today if I'd given more thought to moving back up to WI, and my answer was swift---NO!!!!!!!

No comments: