My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, December 15, 2008

The river is a mirror this morning

This photo does not properly delineate the reflection from the actual, guess you had to be here!
*
While my printer is making more newsletters to include with my CHRISTmas cards, I am gazing across the river at trees, both those on the shore and those reflected in the water. Waking a bit early this morning after some disturbing dreams about getting my paperwork together for Court, I couldn't help but be drawn into the scenery outside my windows. It was a view begging to be painted, or at least, photographed! In order to not wake my household, I tippy-toed out to the river room with camera in hand, slid the doors open quietly and snapped three shots. As I stood there a few moments, my eyes were searching for any signs of life such as raccoons or waterfowl, but it was too early for them to be out and about, I guess. When Joanne got up she saw kingfishers and other shore life but I didn't see that. She was excited about the magnificence of the view this a.m. and I told her I knew it, because I took pictures! It wasn't only me going ga ga over the quiet, reflective river!

It was Linda who pointed at that the palm trees, the trio, are "reflective" of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, ever-present in our lives!

No comments: