My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Being uplifted on what could have been a crummy day!

"I remember you from high school so well!!! I always wanted to be like you !!!!!!! You were such a free spirit, marched to the beat of your own drum. I think I became more that way now." This message was sent to me by a former classmate at MLHS. She contacted me through another classmate and so it goes and goes and goes. Such fun! My blogging friend, Jami, too, is excited about reconnecting with all these folks from her past, using the networking tool of facebook.com.
*
I got a bit of relieving news this a.m. when the attorney's office contacted me about my next appointment. It seems I don't need to have everything ready for the appt. Wed., and she gave me a list of what I do need. I'll keep plugging away, though, but feel a great deal relieved knowing I don't have to do it all before midweek. I also spoke with the plumbers earlier and it seems they aren't really on duty today. Regardless of being off today, Russ said he'd come and fix my disposal. I assured him we can certainly get along without it until Monday because he was having company this afternoon. I sure didn't want to take him away from that for my goofy garbage disposal! It can wait until Monday or whenever they can get here. Last night Bruce wondered if perhaps it was burned out and would have to be replaced, by the way I described it. I hope Bruce is wrong and all it needs is the plumbers' helper!
*
Mom sent me an e-mail this morning that she found two shovels in the basement stairway that we could have used to remove the snow by the doors when the manager didn't show up. A shovel would have worked far better than the house broom in a foot of snow!
*
How did you all like my photos I posted of the snowfall? I think the one early morning shot of the fresh snow might work to be entered in a show, I just got a notice from the Art Guild about an upcoming show, open to amateur photographers, which would be me! I will, of course, confer with my mentor, Dee, to see if she feels it's a good enough shot or not. Maybe I'll go see her today..................

No comments: