My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some perfect Scripture to start the day.............

"But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel." Hebrews 12: 22-24
*
You will never guess what I am listening to on my computer right now....Yes! You are correct! For some strange reason whenever I hear this anthem, I think of the Prange's first, and then the pictures of heaven. "....forever and forever clad in robes of white....." This is especially poignant after the funeral services yesterday, the one I attended and the one I did not. "For God would have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth..." The comfort for those left behind to mourn is that in heaven there are no more tears, because Jesus will wipe them all away. "....and there from care released......."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lady that worked at Cedar Crest passed away on Monday. She is the one that made the Prange salad often for us at work. Anyway I hope that she will see that sight in heaven. I must also tell you that I ran into Shann (Schmidt) Schwarz today at Shopko and says I should tell you hello. We chatted for a little bit. She ws telling me her oldest was getting divorced and moving back home. Then her youngest and her boyfriend were bulding a house so she would be moving out. Out with one and in with another. time for us to start homework. Sorry no religion worksheets tonight. Hugs and love!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Not the Prange salad lady! Now we know that the food will be good in heaven anyway.....

Thanks for telling me about Shann. Maybe she will get on Facebook so I can say "hi" that way. Did she tell you the names of her kids? I think I have that info here somewhere......

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

No she didin't give out any names. I mentioned your blog site but all she said was you could look her up in the book. Maybe she isn't a computer person. The poor people had to shovel or snowblow wet heavy snow this morning.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Jill Willy,

I should say "Jill Schmill" because Greg is coming back to town tomorrow evening and I have a meeting with him at church. I should look up Shann in the phone book, is that what she is saying? I can do that on-line or use my 30 year reunion book as I sure they did not move in 5 years.

Sorry to hear about the snowfall. Did you check on Mom? She told me she was all set with food and stuff. Have a good day, and I am sorry the poor people had more snow.....

Hugs,

Kim

Linda M said...

This is in regard to Jill's comment about starting homework..She must be Smarter than a 5th Grader if she can help with high school home work!!!
I'm sure I forgot more than I ever learned!!!!!

We only got an inch or so of slushy snow, nothing like what was predicted.

Linda

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that nickname never gets out. We didin't get that much snow and most melted because it was so wet. Mom must have been okay because she picked Dan up from school. The roads in the city were just horrible this morning. They put out salt but that just made it more slick. Of course people drive like the roads were clear. Got to go before I get caught. Hugs!! p.s. I think Shann meant the phone book.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!

Yes, Jill IS smarter than a fifth grader and she is acing high school to boot! I miss being asked the Bible questions, though, but it shows Jill and Danny are finding the answers on their own now! Good! Go Bible Gateway!

Sorry about the snow and slush again, guys!

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

Mom did tell me on the phone that she picked up Danny and got her windshield splashed by a rude truck driver. Even Danny noticed the rudeness and poor driving of the semi driver.

Make sure you stay on task when at work so you are not in trouble for being an unfaithful steward! Spoken like a true (former) boss, right?

Hugs,

Kim