My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Typing with the plastic gloves on again!

Here I am, baking my silver remover into my hair while basking in the sunshine at my window. Such a waste of product it is, for only a small portion of my silver remover is used since my hair is quite short. Martie and I had talked about sharing the bottle but found that did not work as she needed the entire bottle of goop for her longer locks. Since I had so much leftover, I decided my green shirt needed some blotches added to it, so now there is a new shirt to use for painting! Good thing I chose something that had already pretty much outlived its usefulness. These little balloons on the tips of my fingers make me chuckle!
*
There was no Bible study this a.m. which also means no lunch with the ladies afterward due to President's Day. Good thing I got my chicken fingers yesterday, the balance of which I will devour today. Instead of staying in all day as my original plans were, I will have to go to the store to get fresh cat litter and food, plus more soda. Joanne asked me last night why I don't just get 10 cases while I am at it and I said because it is too hard to get it upstairs and then store it. I do have a large closet in my bedroom, guess I could put it in there......Justin will be coming after work today to do some things for me and I will ask him to carry up the litter and heavier things for me, as I have to take care of my back. Getting old is not for sissies!
*
Oh, I am so excited now! Emily just sent me an e-mail asking me to come over later on to chat. In fact, we are going to have dinner together! We have lots to talk about, and I want to see their pictures from their 10th anniversary cruise from last week. One of the best memories I have from their wedding is when they came down the aisle after being declared husband and wife, one sole pair of hands applauded---Timmy Day! Those Lutherans just are not accustomed to such outbursts of glee, maybe they are now! Justin sang "Happy Birthday" at my brother-in-law's wake.....my guys!
*
Okay, now no more bags on my finger tips as I have rinsed the remover from my hair, turning the color of part of my neck, the faucet in the kitchen, a towel, and some of my counter top in the bathroom. Except for the cloth items, the silver remover comes off of the surfaces, making my neck quite raw from scrubbing. My friend, the plumber, is coming tomorrow to replace the leaking disposal for me. Steve said we will not need to turn off the water supply to do the replacement and I hope he is correct about that because we would need to get into Gus's unit on the first floor to shut off the water for the entire column of the building that mine is in, since one of my "main" faucets is non-functional and will be replaced in March. Oh, please, let the leak just be from the disposal!!!!!
*
Joanne did lots of sleeping and reading during her recuperation from this determined "bug" that has been plaguing her. It seems her daughter also got sick once she returned to OH so that means it was most likely not food poisoning after all. Joanne was still suffering some cramping and diarrhea events this a.m. but was going to work anyway. She can come home if she feels too ill to stay. The pain killer warning label said not to drive so she is not taking that pill, and we had a good laugh when I reminded her that it cautioned against "driving or singing" while taking this medicine! She wants to sing so said she won't take the pain killer. Maybe I should!

No comments: