My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Fun and frustration in one afternoon!

Such a delight! First, I got to see my Justin early this a.m. as he stopped in to get his shipment from American Eagle and Payless. We ordered last week and they arrived on Wednesday less than an hour after he left here. This was his compensation for cleaning my black iron doors. He was going to have what he called a "fashion show" at the office today as he was to be there by himself, all day. I can picture him walking the catwalk in his new outfits....
*
After he left I took care of the silver removal from my hair and such a mess I made! Instead of ruining another shirt, I decided to keep my nightie on until after I was done. I will never be able to wear that nightie for shopping or other social events, not with the smattering of stains I splashed all over, or "slinging it about", as Kathy described the messes she's made. Not only on my clothes, but on the counter, the sink, the faucet, the hand towel, the kitchen sink, the kitchen faucet.....Is this mess worth it? Yeah, I guess it is since the booty shops charge something around $40 for silver removal. I can buy several nighties and a new hand towel for less than that! What I need are some of those disposable paper gowns from the doctor's office or like the dentist wears, something to absorb the smattering!
*
Once that mess was cleaned up and my mission accomplished, I was finally able to send off the church newsletter via e-mail. Normally I like to have it ready for e-mailing on Thursday because the secretary can then make the photocopies of it for those who have no e-mail access. Pastor was sending me some articles to include which were in my In-Box when I got home last evening. The secretary is not in on Fridays, no copies will be ready for Sunday. Maybe I will print off a couple for some of the ladies who specifically look for the newsletter.
*
As I worked this late morning on The Palace Press, Kathy B. called to see if I had lunch plans. It seems she had a training class this a.m. and was available. She flattered me with needing "some Kim time", so we made plans to meet at the newly re-opened La Napolera for a bite. Just as I was driving up that way she called to report no parking places to be had at La Nap so changed our plans to meet at Sonny's. I thought of Tarren when I ordered beans and franks, knowing how much she enjoys their food, especially the beans! As always, it was a huge portion of food, plus the corn nuggets, and now I feel badly because Kathy treated me....and I brought more than half home with me!
*
So much for the fun part of my day----Oh, wait, I did have more fun, stopping at Office Max after lunch! I needed a replacement cartridge for my printer, plus the last of my photo paper is in the other printer. I got a different type of photo paper in hopes of clearer images so we shall see. That was a pricey visit to the office supply store, but it always is when ink is involved!
*
Now, let us add the frustration---I decided to visit the AAA place to have them help me with making the plans for JR's graduation trip. It is nearly impossible to find a room close to West Point so we must arrange transportation from NYC to the Academy. Mona has tried to help me but they rented a car to get back and forth and are staying closer to the area than are Justin and I. So, enter AAA and take a seat in the waiting area. As I waited, I could hear people on the phone and helping clients when finally a lady close by to where I was sitting asked if she could help me. When I explained, she sent me across the hall to speak with someone else about the ground transportation before she could help me with flights and hotel. Ookkaayy.....off I go, to be met by a Travel Counselor who took my information, took it again, and then once more. She asked me to take a seat at her desk and we went over the details again, only she was surprised they sent me to her since I had not yet made the other travel arrangements. Not good, not one bit good. Eventually she got the computer to respond to her urgings, and while she "attempted" to locate this region on her computer, she opted to get a tour book for New York.
*
After several attempts at trying to open the computer to help me, searching in drawers and in stacks of paper on her desk for her password...ahem....I told her I was in a time crunch and had to go. I can only imagine how my former spouse would have reacted to this sad display.....This Travel Counselor for AAA, a travel business, suggested I use Orbitz or Travelocity to make my reservations, which is what she does. Huh.
My dear friend, Judy R., posing with a lovely bouquet of flowers sent by another lady friend. The flowers have brightened Judy's home and her spirits, and now ours!! Look at the sunshine on her floor.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I hope the nightie you ruined was not your silk one that you wore for dinner when we stayed in Savannah! Sounds like you had a super day except for the AAA experience. The world is full of incompetent people!!!

Springy hugs,

Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!

Nope, that nightie is forever in the archives of Good Memories! Next time we go to Savannah I will have to fetch it out to wear to dinner, with my pearls!

Glad you remembered that fun, fine experience....

Competent hugs,

Kim

Suzanne Chappell said...

Did I read this correctly? She suggested YOU use Orbitz or Travelocity? She suggested you go off on your own, rather than using the convenience of using her?? Hmm, bet her boss wouldn't like that one bit! If you go the route of the above mentioned and need help, let me know.. I've had experience with Orbitz. You know who is really really good at getting good fairs??? Joyce Harris!

Funny about lunch plans. We went planning on La Nap for dinner, found it was WAYYYYY too crowded, and ended up at Sonny's! Good choice!

Squishy Hugs!
Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

Yes, she absolutely did suggest I use other avenues for getting air fare and hotels, better pricing! Unbelievable!!! Like Linda J. says, the world is full of incompetents...

Normally I do use those venues but I went in search of assistance with the ground transportation between NYC and West Point. She could not help me one iota because she lost her password cheat sheet. Not her first of work, either. I did get a tour book out of the deal, though.

Did that happen with the La Nap and Sonny's adventure tonight? That would be toooooo weird!

Hugs and blessings,

Kim

Suzanne Chappell said...

Yes, tonight! We ended up at Sonny's tonight! I told John no way were we going to get into La Nap on Friday night. We've heard the new building is so nice, and really wanted to give it a try. Guess we'll have to check it out sometime after Easter.

Hugs!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Writers workshop is hosted by http://mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com

She has it every Wednesday:)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Oh, Suzanne!

That is just too funny, the three of us having the same experience in the same day!

Yes, after Easter, let's try again as a group to hit La Nap!

Hugs,

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jenny!

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.

Your blogsite torn my heart out, Suzanne can explain it to you sometime, okay? "My peace I give you...."

Kim