My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday morning decision making

Morning came early today, not because of the cat, but because of the sun shining on me in my bed. Not complaining, mind you, only commenting. I found myself awake the first time at 3:45 a.m. when possibly a phone ringing on TV made me think my cell phone was going off. With my son out of town and not in my realm, it would not have been out of the question to get a call from someone in Miami, you know? I checked the phone, which was on my vanity, no calls. As long as I was up, I took care of some other business and went back to sleep. I woke up again right after 6:00 a.m.
*
The first thing I thought of was Lynx, wondering if she would still be alive this morning or would she have breathed her last behind my closet door during the night. She poked her nose out, meowed at me, and then laid back down. Lynx is certainly not right! I dumped out the milk I gave her last night which she merely tasted, and put clear water on the saucer, which she also tasted. And then started to spit up again. Nothing!
*
I called the vet's office this a.m. and they have an opening at 10:30 a.m. so I am taking her in again. I don't know what will happen, I feel badly for her not wanting to eat or drink anything, like we feel when having the flu. Joanne thinks she has been without food, other than the nibbles of tuna, no more than the size of my thumbnail, in about 5 days. Not right, just not right. She is thinking that since Lynx is so skittish already, going through a medical procedure will only make her moreso. Let's just see what the vet thinks about it and if she will just put her to sleep and out of misery. Like I told Suzanne in a comment on yesterday's posting, it really is all about relationships. I guess I like Lynx more than I thought, just really dislike the muss and fuss of cat boxes, food, and having someone to watch over her when I am gone....
*
A wonderful light breeze is moving through the house and I have shut off the A/C for the real thing. I put on the A/C at night for Joanne's comfort; for my comfort, I use the comforter! Justin has already closed the vents in my bathroom and bedroom so when the air is running, it will not have as much effect in my space here. The temps are expected to get close to 90, if not beyond. I am on duty to clean at church plus agreed to help my friend, Kris, at an art fair at St. Margarets. Much will depend upon what happens at the vet, and due to my discipline, I must sign off immediately!
*
I will keep you posted on what's happening with Lynx Day!

5 comments:

Rosalie said...

Good morning Kim--I've been perusing your blog(s) and caught up with a few way back. Tell Gretchen she looks absolutely great!! Other than a little white hair, she looks the same as I remember. The other Easter pics were also very nice, although most of the names I am not familiar with. You and Justin also look fantastic! You always have that smile on your face, at least, most of the time; we have our days. Your condo is beautiful. That is the first picture I've seen. If that isn't living in style, I do not know what is. Thank you for the kind words way back when after I spoke with you on the phone. That church & wedding is also beautiful. Where is the church? Well gotta run. Pastor is out of town and Hal is doing the service and sermon and he needs some typing done. Will call or write at a later date. Still listening to my CD; Hal is too. Love you bunches and lots of hugs, ME

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Rosalie!

How wonderful to hear from you! I certainly will tell Gretchen your message. Thanks for the compliment about Justin and me!

The wedding is at Riverside Baptist Church at Park and King, in Jacksonville.

I have posted other shots of my condo in the past and will see if I can locate the page. My chandelier is from Florence, Italy, really "lights up my life"!

Tell Hal to break a leg, or best wishes, for tomorrow in Pastor's absence. So glad you two are enjoying the CD, the hymns to our Lord!

I love you bunches, too and send giant hugs your way!

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi again, Rosalie!

I looked back through the archives for 2008 and found the two days where I posted photos of my home. The two dates below feature pictures. I might even post them again for those who are new readers. They are on my facebook page but that won't help you, will it?

Blessings,

Kim


June 29, 2008
October 11, 2008

Rosalie said...

I've seen pictures of inside your condo but not the outside. I guess I didn't make myself clear. I go on Facebook from time to time so I will check for the pics you are talking about--perhaps they are the same ones. Will let you know.
Love you, Rosalie

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Rosalie,

Oh, so now you have gotten to see what we consider the front of the building, taken from the water. I will take a picture looking out over the "backyard" toward the Club and pools so you have another view. Or, better yet, you can come and see for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Kim