My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Some recent photos

The freshly painted ceramics, some of which were gifts in Timmy's memory now showcased against the red mulch. Thanks, Fausto!
Look at this shot of all the women hard at work sprucing up the flower beds and mulching them! Twila is manning the hose, thinking about spraying Shiloh in her stroller. In the background Sue is using the shovel to clean out along the curb, more than the leaf blower could handle!
During the Easter 4 Kids event, the kids are enjoying their sweet treat made with a crescent roll wrapped around a marshmallow, which disappeared when baked. Like putting Jesus in the grave, and three days later, He is not there! I thank the Lord for the willing and imaginative people running these programs at G. S.!!!
Look out! Here comes Twila with the hose and she is not afraid to use it!!! The grease board invites the parents to come back to see the closing program for Easter 4 Kids, hoping they do eventually come back for their kids! At the registration table, I handed each parent a piece of paper about the closing program, telling them it was their claim check for getting the kids back....some were not all that interested in getting them back!
Lonnie and Ellen are busy in the front flower bed making sure all is tidy and nice for Easter Sunday and ever after, I hope.
Jackie, Janet, Jim and Renee discuss the modis operandi for the flower bed along the church where the Sunrise service will be held. Lonnie dug out the day lilies from previous plantings, split them and then the team got busy and replanted them, along with some fresh annuals.

This is the Thursday dinner, "Breakfast for Dinner". See all the yummy looking food? The food pales next to the good company though. Do I always have that bald spot on the back of head or is that from my nap?
Justin was the only male at the dinner and he came because he wanted so badly to see Miss Brenda. He had not seen her in a long time and misses her, as well as the other ladies at this table. It seems the manners classes I took him to years ago have paid off!
Justin is just barely visible in the kitchen behind the fridge door, perhaps getting out the champagne which we enjoyed in our cranberry juice. Delicious and refreshing, I think it is called an "Hibiscus". See my plate there, by the soda can? I could barely finish all the good food, but believe I did clean the plate once, but not the second time. Too good! Two people were missing from this table---Judy R. and Linda J. If my memory serves, Lynn might have been here for a themed dinner in the past......help me out here, Lynn, if you remember.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was there for one and I believe it was another breakfast theme.
Lynn

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Lynn,

Yes, then, you were missing from the table as well. What would you have made if you were a regular at our table? Maple sausages from the AAL Cookbook? That is my guess, and my favorite!

Hugs,

Kim