My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I should get busy but....

....a few lines first.  Kerry woke me this a.m., telling me I had to get up and "play with her".  She was bored, being the only human being awake in the house this Sunday morning.  Kerry and I do not like the mess left outside and were told numerous times not to worry about it, but I suspect as soon as I done here, we will be up there and out there, tidying things.  Even this room I am in is totally trashed, as Dusty entertains his friends in this room, the "boy cave", as Lori calls it.  A garbage can will make quick work of this project as well as the one upstairs and outdoors.  It was dark when we came in and we could not see the mess that needed cleaning up.  What great fun the party was, though, well worth the effort, in my opinion!!
*
My family arrived mid to late morning and the ladies pitched right in with cutting up the fruit, etc. I busied myself with cutting bars, preparing the veggie trays without snitching, cleaning up in the kitchen including sweeping and mopping the floor.  I washed dishes and ran the machine, my usual stuff, as much as I like wiping counters.  Funny that only last week I talked about that very subject and I was totally in my element!  The boys were absolutely adorable and played on the swing set and entertained themselves with toys in the boy cave, while their daddy watched them.  
*
When it was time for them to check into their hotel, Lisa realized that her keys were locked in the car.  Oh, nuts!  At first she was going to call a locksmith and then asked, "Does anyone have AAA?"  I told her I did so we called them and without much delay, a nice man named Joe came out to rescue us.  They did not ask if it was my car or anything so I did not have to lie.  He used a wedge device to slide what looked like a blood pressure cuff between the door and the car, inflated the cuff enough to slide a long flexible gizmo in and ta da!!  The door was open and we loved Joe!!!!  Lisa was quite relieved to not have to pay a locksmith and I was so glad I have AAA.
*
I hear people up and about upstairs so will head up there to start bossing, I mean, lending a hand.  More will come later, I promise!  I miss all those not here with me in person, but know you are with me in my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there. I could have put my former deli skills to work since I used to cut fruit and veggies for trays. So what did you and Kerry play besides clean up. I am really glad that she got to go along. I ended up working today cuz one of the kids was sick. I work next weekend too cuz these kids want off all the time. One of the topics being discussed at the next employee meeting. Got wash to do and stuff. See ya soon. Sunny cool hugs! Jill