My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My only day in between trips.......

.........and already watching the clock! I woke in my own bed to sunshine and I hope it stays awhile! The long-range forecast does not promise such so I will try not to get used to it. When we left New York yesterday morning, it was overcast and 60 degrees, quite a change from what we had been experiencing. Predictions showed rain most of the days in Florida, too, until some time next week. Facebook friends kept us updated on the number of inches, now measured in feet, of rain that had fallen in our area. The high temperatures are in the 80's which is good, and often the storms come at the close of the day, which is better than having rain all day long. In checking the headlines on the local radio station's website, there was a report that Clark's Fish Camp, one of our favorite eateries, was closed because of the high water in the restaurant. At some point, however, the owner of the restaurant went into the men's restroom and discovered a 4' long alligator hanging out in there. He merely dragged it by the tail and threw it back into Julington Creek. Talk about fresh catch!
*
Today I have a hair cut appointment and my primary "job" is to get the big suitcase out and packed for tomorrow's adventure. When I got home last night, immediately I started a load of laundry in order get things in process. Oh, no! The soap jug was nearly empty!!! I swished water around in it and poured it into the washer, hoping that was enough. Joanne was not home yet so I called and left a message for her to pick up some soap. When she came in, she handed me two tiny boxes of Tide, purchased at her sister's hotel on Wells Road. That will get me through my wash but won't help her out any. Hopefully she is ready to go and won't need to wash anymore. She leaves tomorrow with her sister, heading for Kalamazoo to check on things at her parent's home, which is for sale. They still have numerous items to sort through and want to get going on it in the outside chance that someone will buy the home.
*
I just got back from the kitchen, where I ran a small amount of hot water into the sink and put soap into it. The kitchen cloth stunk, so I gingerly carried that into the laundry room, and took a fresh one from the drawer. Phewww! With the hot soapy water all the counters, the stove top, and microwave face were wiped, making them fresh and crumb-free. As I did this, my memory brought back days of old.....I specifically recall one afternoon when I got home from work at Shady Lane, I immediately got busy with the hot sudsy water and busily wiped all the counters, the table, and anything that would not move. It wasn't until I was satisfied all was clean that I realized I still had my winter coat on with purse hanging on my shoulder! From that moment on, I always made sure to take my coat off and put my purse down BEFORE manically washing things. Thankfully, I have gotten much better about those things, now no longer living in "always for sale"-mode.
*
Only 10 minutes before it is time to leave for the booty shop so must get dressed. Susan washes my hair for me after the cut because I am full of whiskers when she gets done with her clippers. I hate to leave a rain of tiny hairs everywhere I go after the booty shop. After I get back today, I will add some more updates about my trip, but, for now, have a great day all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon I will be making my appointment to get the haircut and eyebrow wax for the wedding. I am getting anxious and nervous about the wedding. I am worried about what I need to pack. Time to start making the list. I didn't realize that I would see you before the wedding. I thought when we talked that I wasn't going to be here when you came. it is time to head for the last day of school for Dan and of course a full day of work for me. Cool hugs yet! Jill

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

We must have had a miscommunication about the trip, because I am here, in WI, until the 14th. Remember, I am going to be at the church picnic on the 7th. Justin won't get here until the Thursday before the wedding, maybe that is what you were thinking of....

Anyway, glad you are making plans to get yourself done up properly for the big day! If you forget something the others can bring it along down with them, simple as that!

I wish it were warmer here!

Hugs,

Kim