My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Back a few days....

Thursday of last week Alayna and I drove down to pick up Justin from the airport. We were a few minutes late getting him as I waited for her to get out of her last class. It worked out okay because his flight was delayed leaving Charlotte, due to delays in Phillie. Why one affects the other is beyond me but I guess air traffic control knows what they are doing. One can certainly see why that industry is so high-stressed! I had gotten us each a burger from Late's plus an order of fried cheese curds for Justin, as he requested. Yes, they would be cold by the time he got them but he was fine with it.
*
Once we had him collected and I hugged the stuffings out of him, we headed toward the Mall to get his tux. After we stopped at one Men's Warehouse, we realized that there was yet another in the Mall next door, not this free-standing shop we spotted. I just knew that was too easy! His suit fit perfectly, except for the white shirt being incredibly blousy on him. The shirts are sold according to neck size, not waist size, and while the collar could have been a bit tighter, he was able to keep himself dressed all night long at the reception due to the free fitting collar. Our lunch was enjoyed at the Cheesecake Factory and then we headed for home. Alayna had to be a work yet that afternoon and I think we did well with our time management.
*
Justin snoozed in Mom's recliner while I ran over to John and Mona's to get my earthenware jug from them. John, Allie, and JR were planning to have dinner with us at the Green Street but had to cancel because Allie had blood work in the a.m. and had to fast for 12 hours. Since we were going to church first, it was going to be too late for them to eat. John had to work in the morning and likes to be in bed rather early so instead, JR picked up Justin after dinner (9:30 pm when we finished eating) and off they went. I felt badly about Hackmann's not being with us but it simply could not be helped. On the bright side, we did get to sing "Lift High the Cross" during worship, singing with the pipe organ cannot be beat!
*
Justin came in rather late and simply wreaked of smoke. I had tried to pull the trundle bed out for him but gave up, so he had to yank it out from under my bed when he came home. After all that, I had trouble falling back to sleep. If it was from the smell, or being disturbed in my sleeping or being hot, whatever it was, I could not fall back to sleep. On my trip home, I realized that I had not a decent night's sleep since Thursday night! And now I must adjust my sleep clock to eastern time again....at least it is not from Italian or Greek time, which is much more difficult by far!

No comments: