My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is that a lobster or is that your nose?

Another gorgeous day on the river! It is simply sparkling with only a few smaller boats dotting the water at present. Certainly as the day gets older we will see more activity but for now, it is 'shhhhh'.....Yesterday afternoon I caught a glimpse, and a photo, of a manatee outside my window. The manatee is just barely visible above the water, in front of the concrete barriers.
*
Soon I will be donning my swimwear and heading to the pool for water aerobics, today using the dumb bells for the workout. No comment, please....Wait, I take that back---I want comments!!! We have a smaller number in our group this season most likely due to the time of day it is being conducted, right in the middle of a working person's day! For those of us not employed, it is perfect timing.
*
Tuesday Ellen and I enjoyed poolside dining courtesy of The Club, who had waiters deliver food to us when we called in our order. Another lady used my phone to order a cold beer for herself. That's what they get for not having the cabana open week days! Last night Ellen and I went to The Club for appetizers and refreshments, and found the place swarming with people. Randy, one of the men in our aerobics class, served as our unofficial host. He kept wanting me to sing with the piano player but that was out of the question---really. After all, people were trying to eat!
*
Ellen said she would not mind having dinner there, since the appetizers were meager, so the hostess got us a table. Once seated, the waiter handed us a single piece of paper for the menu, which included nothing but lobster! The entire lobster!! Well, neither of us wanted that (thank you, Ellen!!!) so we were quite embarrassed and asked to have ourselves excused, after having only unfolded the napkins at the table. The hostess was most gracious about the whole event and we tippy toed out the side door....Randy walked with us, as his wife was at the pool doing her laps. She still works so can't come to class with us in the a.m. Ellen made us all chuckle when she said, "I've been kicked out of nicer places....", as though we were shown the door. Guess we will have to read our Club newsletter a bit more closely from now on!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi; I often wondered what I would do in a restaurant if I thought the prices were to high or if they didn't have something I wanted. I know you wouldn't eat lobster(it doesn't taste at all like lake perch)...I would have walked out too cause I don't get turned on by lobster.....I never could see the fuss some make about having lobster.....to each his own I guess. We had a butter burger at Culvers' the other night that was out of this world.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom!

I am fairly certain this is Mom because of the reference to the butter burger!!! One of the reasons Ellen was not in favor is because the darn thing was soooo huge, she had no idea how to go about eating it!!

Now all I can think about is lake perch, since you brought that up!!! Yummy! Perch!!!

Were you with the church group when we went to the supposed flower show in Green Cove?

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I would have eaten the lobster!!! We were in Maine for 9 days and we had lobster 8 times!!! I love it!


Steamy hugs,
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda J.:

Then, my dear, you would have been in your glory! I could have eaten the corn cob, the potatoes, and the other stuff with it, but Ellen just could not do it, not for $27.50 ++.

You bring up the lobster meals for 8 days and Mom brought up the perch....

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I can just picture you "perched" up on the piano and singing. LOL! I like lobster as I like most seafood. Also I like Culver's too! Guess it is fair to say I like food obviously! Time to start getting ready for work. Need to go in a little earlier cuz the secretary is off and I am needed to help answer the phone! Nicer day out not so humid! Still good cone weather! Warm bright sunny hugs!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

I hope you were able to spot the manatee in the picture---no one has commented about it yet.

You are so funny about it being "cone weather" because even on those cold, nasty days when I was up there, Mom and I stopped in for ice cream treats! Everyday is cone weather!

I had all I could do to get up on the stool by the bar, much less tackle the piano! "Perch"ed, indeed!!

Basking in the morning sun,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
I can see the manitee, love that picture! It's almost as if I am sitting in the river room with a cup of coffee!

We left a resaurant after being seated, we looked at the menue and could find nothing we liked. It took the waitress a while to come back, and it was very cold in there, so we just left! It was an Italian restaurant in GB. We ended up at the Red Lobster!!

beautiful WI hugs,
Linda

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda J.:

How funny! I would have been the other way around (except for the cold dining....) You could not find anything to order in an Italian restaurant.....see, I don't get that!

I can picture you in my river room, drinking coffee, too.....Only a few short months and this will be so!

Have a richly blessed day in the Lord!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Yes that 1st. one was from me.....for some reason it wouldn't let me sign Mom,and I did spot the manatee.....funny thing....one of the clues in a puzzle I did before reading the blog....the answer was manatee!Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

How funny that your puzzle answer matched what was in the photo! You could probably pick him out fairly easily because you have seen them before, in action.

Yesterday I saw an eagle up close and personal, right outside my window, soaring majestically. Gorgeous!

Hugs,

Kim