My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, July 27, 2009

The rest of the weekend........

Justin came to worship with me at Good Shepherd yesterday which was very nice and I got to stay sitting with him the entire service since the choir was not singing. Two weeks ago I had to keep getting up and down all the time to sing. He helped me cover the altar after worship since I was on for Altar Guild and then we went to Olive Garden for lunch, with Robbie as our guest. At first he wanted to go to Clark's Fish Camp for his birthday lunch. Then, he called back to say he wanted to go see "The Proposal" after church, grabbing a drive-thru lunch....But, since I had to be somewhere at 4:00 pm which required an hour's drive time, making the movies not doable Sunday. Plan C, then, was to go have lunch at Olive Garden which suited us fine. We took the birthday bouquet from church to the cemetery together before parting company.
*
It was a long car ride to Keystone Heights, as I am sure it would seem for the first time. While I drove, I kept thinking that I remember being there at Christ Lutheran for something else in recent years but my memory won't allow me to think what it was. A certain convenience store on the corner looked quite familiar, like I stopped there with my passenger to get soda and gas after the event....just can't think what it was though....A seminar of some sort rings a bell, but what??? What????
*
The congregation swelled the church as Good Shepherd's group matched in number those from this membership. The Hoyers from Victory Lutheran were also part of the Installation, with Pastor Hoyer giving the sermon, we have A Can-Do God! He spoke of the long ride between GS and Christ Lutheran and how Pastor K. can use that time in prayer for both his congregations, etc. A very encouraging sermon and service. "My Suzanne" played her viola pre- and post-service which enhanced our worship. Anne Hoyer leaned over to tell me that she loves to hear Suzanne play at Victory, too, because the acoustics make the viola sound all the more majestic.

Pastors Lemke, Kuske, and Hoyer after the Installation service

6 comments:

Suzanne Chappell said...

I love seeing the brotherhood of Pastors when they all come together for something like an installation. It was such an enjoyable time, fellowship with all FOUR church's, if you include Christ, GS, Victory and Pastor & Mrs Lemke. The service was rich with heritage, and I too just loved singing The Apostle's Creed to Ode to Joy. I always love seeing the Hoyer's whenever we get the chance, especially since he married us!

Hugs my friend,

Suzanne

ps.. I need to get the scoop on next week's ladies gathering.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne,

I loved hearing the singing, mostly Pastor Lemke, so enthusiastic. I did not think of the four churches, glad to mentioned it.

The Ladies' Group gathering will be here at 7:00 pm. As was decided around the table at Christ Lutheran yesterday, we are going ask those coming to bring an appetizer to share that night. I will have everything else here....

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

It's really cool...you ate at Olive Garden on Justin's 22nd b-day, and we picked up Kristin from work yesterday and ate at Olive Garden the day before Kristin's 22nd b-day. Had a really nice time, and it was the first time I had eaten there. The creamy chicken dumpling soup was so good, I shoulda just ate that. And guess what?? We went to Milwaukee's Olive Garden. And guess what even more? Kristin drove there cuz' she knew where she was going and I drove back (Kristin treated herself to a strawberry daquari) Of course there was construction cuz' that is what happens all the time, me and milwaukee and construction. But despite the downpouring rain it was a good drive. Just us being all together was nice. Doesn't happen so much anymore.

Take care and I'll see you on facebook!!

OXOXDolly

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hello Dolly!

I know, I know, I can't resist.....

The reason I picked the Olive Garden is because of your mentioning taking Kristin there. Is she a day older or younger than Justin, I forget.

We did not know about the soup you mentioned, must be a regional favorite of Milwaukee's!!! Good for you going to the Big City!!!! Sorry you had to drive in construction though--was this on Silver Spring Drive?

Have you been following Bonnie Pelnar's postings on Facebook? She had way too much fun in Two Rivers this past weekend, now gone to a normal life in CA....

Hugs and blessings,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Would it have been a Rally at Keystone. I know I was to some there. That singing the Apostles Creed to "Ode to Joy" sounds great!Wonder if we could do it. We do the Lord's Prayer to Away In a Manger.We will have to have some kind of party for the birthday folks when you are here.Won't have much time but we can try and squeeze something in. Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

It could have been a Rally...I will ask Judy C. if she remembers. If I remember, I can scan the service folder page with the Apostles Creed so you can see how it went, was not word for word.

We will have time for some sort of birthday gathering, even if it is pizza and ice cream!

Love,

Kim