My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vacation Bible Study photos

Due to overcrowding conditions, a blessing in itself, the Bible lesson portion of VBS was conducted on the patio outside the Fellowship Hall. At this time we usually lost some of our audience, as this was the second last activity before closing, and they start to wind down a bit. Mario is shown with his head down while others lean on their arms, listening to Miss Jennifer read the story.

"I have a great idea! Let's give the kids weapons!!!" Actually they did rather well although proper use of the rhythmn sticks and clacker thing the girl on the right has needed repeated instruction. But, once the singing was underway, the kids kept the beat and were very ready to participate in praising God!

The class I assisted with is sitting behind the row where Sarah is sitting. Mario, Twila's great grandson, in the white shirt is looking at Hanna who is looking at her little brother with triangle. I think that day the triangle needed to be restrung because somehow or another it came off the ribbon which supported it. If the kids had a shaker on Wednesday, they wanted a different instrument the next day. THAT they can remember!!!

Mario and the Langley boys are learning the movements for one of the songs they were singing. It worked better doing the smaller groups than the entire group, complete with distrations. From left are Mario, Brant, William, and Wesley.

Little Andrew, this being his first night at VBS, fit in perfectly and enjoyed his "eye scream" ice cream treat all the way to his ears! The object lesson was a scoop of vanilla ice cream, with strings of red liquorice for eye lashes, and then chocolate shell as the eye color. Then a nice cup of lemonade, which would have made my head spin around!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun VBS! One of my favorite things. We are doing a program called Wonders in Science this next week. It's our "family VBS" this year. I have been cooking away and have meat frozen for 4 meals this week. We expect to feed up to 1200 people this week!!!! That is not a an error, 1200 people.
Wed night is Taco's in a bag. I hope everyone thinks it's fun as well as good tasting. I know exhaustion will hit before the week is over so pray for extra strength for all of us working the four days, Wed- Sat. We will need it.
It's cool here too, I wouldn't mind if the hot stays away for a bit.
Thanks for writing your blog, it's a pleasant addition to my day!

Diane

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Dee Dee!!!

Thanks for the compliment about my blog! You made my day, which is overcast and gloomy right now....

Your family VBS sounds fun yet challenging. Wow, 1200 people in a week's time, all I can say is, "GOOD FOR YOU! Wow, I cannot even imagine this! Tell me more about those tacos in a bag, always looking for group sized meals to share!

Best wishes on your VBS and the weather---heard it was cool up there right now!

Love,

Kim