My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Abounding in love..........

Pray for me, my friends, that the evil beast of sciatica stays far far away from me, particularly this week! Saturday at church I did a little bit with the folding chairs but absolutely did not handle the tables at all. I washed a couple of the folding chairs which were dirty from the garage but then Mike needed help with holding up the now crookedly hung shepherd in the new building. My seemed discomfort did not really appear until yesterday afternoon as I climbed up from the pool. It was not a shocking jolt or anything like toothaches do, but more of a burning sensation, this time down the inside of my left leg.
*
My formerly wet chair now supports an ice pack (oooh, my favorite!!!) which I am leaning tightly against, only recently getting off the bed to try a new position. It is easier to eat Spaghettios sitting up than lying down, even on a good day! Don't cry for me, Argentina, at least, not yet...I have let my "stores" decline because of the plan to be gone for several days so I hit my hurricane closet for something to eat for supper. Originally I was going to finish off my expensive Boar's Head natural casing hot dogs from the fridge but when I opened the baggie, whew! Nope, no longer edible, in fact, quite slimy as well as stinky!
*
Earlier this afternoon I talked to Lori and she told me about Dusty being delivered to college, getting him situated in his dormitory. She is taking some dance classes through the YMCA designated for empty-nesters so is having a good time with that! She is doing better than I would have, although I thought Justin was going out-of-state for college when I planned my trip to Greece! Good thing I had not tightened up those plans before I knew he was staying local! Dusty is only a couple hours away by car, quite manageable, and has already called his mom once today! No one had better tease him about that either, a guy loves his mom, okay?
*
It is good that I have a stash of movies to watch as I am going to try laying low through this, enjoying my iced back. Fortunately, Justin has delivered some Diet Coke for me so I will be set with that for a while, plus my water bottles. I am refilling a 20-ounce bottle with water each time I empty it, which, of course, there are warnings about doing. I am sure there is a conspiracy about water bottles circulating out in the world. I could do a pitcher of water but like the portability of the bottle, no dirty glasses. Talk about lazy!
*
This is my week to clean the church and think I must call someone to take my place, no matter what happens with my sciatica. Lori told me I can just sit and watch Mom's moving, as if I would do something else than that anyway.....No, I really want to pitch in and am certain I can, knowing full well that no lifting or toting will be done by me. That is why I am renting two dollies for the move, so the boxes can be loaded on the dollies and hauled up. Should take no time at all this way. My cousin, Jimmie, who also has the heart-ache of sciatica, has offered to drive the truck so I will have to make sure Mom has contacted him about it unless we do get the smaller truck which even I could drive!

Pastor Kuske, Bonnie, Judy C. Gretchen, Ethel, Twila (not in the shot), and Betty
*
Bible study this Monday morning was again a true delight as we spent time finding the Gospel promises in the Psalms. We looked first at how King David was consumed by guilt over his obvious sin with Bathsheba and the murder of her spouse, and compared his sins with the ones we do daily. So easily can we point our fingers at others when we are just as dirty and rebellious as those people were. Like I mentioned in class, we have the good fortune of not having someone write it all down for the future generations! Then we found Psalm 103 which tells of our loving God who is slow to anger, abounding in mercy....what a great comfort this is for us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning;Sorry to hear about your affliction!!!I will be so glad when this is all over....I keep finding things that could have been moved...I'll ask Lynn if she will helpm later...she has the responsbility of picking up Daniel from school so she'll be around and about. She and Kerry and Alayna took quite a bit Sat.I'm going over to pay my rent now and have to return the church key to Linda.Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom!

I hope there will still be something left for Justin and me to pack! Remember we are the experts on packing and unpacking---well, the unpacking not so much! But we will do it!

I hope you have plenty of boxes and wrap, if not, we can go to Lowe's to get what we need. No worries.....

Today I am getting my toes taken care of, I have a great toe which is a bit tender so Lisa will have to dig around with her machinery on that one! Smoke risin' from my toes!

See you on Thursday sometime! We are thinking Green Street for dinner.....really?

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Jamie still calls me just about every day and he is married. Soon Lori is going to wish that he would call but Dusty will be busy with his friends and classes. Two of my employees go there and they just love it there. It is something new for him and he will adjust.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Would it not be great if Dusty met those two kids from the parlor there at UW??? I asked Lori if there were other kids from Holmen going and I think only one, and it's a girl, not a guy friend.

I hope he has an easy time of making friends. Lori told me yesterday, "He is not like you...." and he never was, not even in grade school. He has been friends with some kids since Lori babysat for them, which is a long time!

Hugs,

Kim