My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I forgot to mention something

Something sort of fun happened to me last night at La Nap....As I arrived, I heard a voice call to me, "Hi, friend!" but for the life of me, I could not see where Martie's voice was coming from. I headed across the parking lot, thinking that once I got up on the porch I could spot her. And I did! She was just down the lot from my car, facing the opposite direction.
*
As Martie made her way to the porch, two women came walking along the sidewalk toward me, having already been "served", if you know what I mean. One had a to-go cup in her hand, claiming it was coffee, and giggling. She came up to me, threw her arms around me, and complimented my outfit up and down. She just gushed about how cute I looked with my earings matching my shirt and then my little orange shoes to tie the outfit together. And then she threw her arms around me once more before they made their way to a car. Martie and I greeted one another, as I explained to her that I had never seen that woman before in my life. Martie said she thought we must have known each other but I said I had no clue. "I'll have what she's having......."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just imagining the look on your face when this happened. Guess we don't have to worry about WNTW to come looking for you. I am still waiting for Stacy and Clinton to surprise me.Time for a nice hot shower since it is really cool in the house today. Have a great day. Jill

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

I did look closely at her to make sure I was not the one with the memory lapse, but nope, she was just being complimentary!

What Not To Wear would strongly disapprove of my elastic waist denim capris, but I can take 'em!!!

I heard the weather was cool up in Manty yesterday but it looked nice outside. No summer for you, 1 year!!!

Hugs,

Kim

Suzanne Chappell said...

That's pretty funny! And it must have been some great coffee!

Have a great day today! I've officially accepted the tv station's offer, and I'm done with the temp thing. I'll be working as a temp for a week or so, before officially being "hired" with the formalities and such! But sounds like I'll be there next week! Yay! The Lord is so good!

HUGS!
Suzanne

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Suzanne!

I am dancing around my room as I write because I am soooo happy for you! And your family....everything is going to be okay. Congrats on the new job at the TV station!!!

Do we need to go shopping for more work clothes? After working from home all these years, it will seem strange to get up and dressed every day again.

Maybe you will make some new friends like I did outside of La Napolera...people do not believe me when these things happen to me, but they do! I rather enjoy it!

I do feel badly that so many folks have asked me if they can use me for a reference for jobs but not one person has called to check with me....might be a good thing!

Blessings abounding!

Kim