My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On a lighter note....

.......Lisa is telling me about how the boys, Manny and Gabe, are enjoying their VBS program at church. Last night's story was about Daniel in the lion's den and Manny quite animatedly retold the lesson to Lisa. They made picture frames in class which are now gracing Lisa's refrigerator door! It warms my heart to know the boys enjoy VBS so much and "love to tell the story"!

Here are Gabe, Manny, and Noah (that's a different Bible story!) in a lion's den themselves, this one being at Clark's Fish Camp last August.
*
I did hear some sad news last night at Ladies' Group, held here, regarding another person losing their job at Busch. Kelly T. told me about it, and took my breath away momentarily, although those employees realize it is all a matter of time until it is their turn to get the axe. Anheuser Busch is no longer American-owned, although I doubt it would make much difference in this job market, and high level folks have been let go from every "shop". This is getting quite close to home as our sister congregation at Victory has several members on the payroll at A-B, a really great place to work----at least it used to be!
*
I goofed! I totally forgot to take any pictures of our Ladies' Group gathering here last night. These type of photos are valuable tools for encouraging others to participate, when the ladies are shown doing something other than working! Yes, we were conducting our meeting but immediately we flowed into our fellowship time which Twila remarked was so much more fun around a big table than scattered like it is at church. I am all for it, but that is probably not an option. Soon we will have our Fellowship Hall back for Bible study and meeting purposes. This should make a big difference in our meeting enjoyment as well as our Bible study time. Around a table makes for group tightening!
*
Time to head downstairs for water aerobics and some chatter! More later, I hope!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My doctor has suggested that I look into swimming for exercise. This is due to the arthritis that is setting into my knees. Yes I went to the doctor like you had suggested awhile ago. The YMCA has a program for people with arthritis. Something I will have to look into more. Had supper with mom and Lynn tonight at Culvers. No reason to run home now since Dan is gone. Thye got back okay. Off to do other things. Love Jill

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill,

How did you like the tie-in with the photo from Clark's and the VBS lesson? I thought I outdid myself!

Good for you for checking out the water aerobics classes, hope they work out for you. If you join the Y, it would be good for Danny, too, to get some muscles built up in his arms and legs. They have trainers there, as I used to belong to the Y myself.

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I love the way you tied Clark's into the VBS lesson. But then, I love Clark's!!! You did outdo yourself!!

Love and hugs,
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda J.:

Thank you for the compliment! We must make sure to get over there to Clark's when you are here....how many more months until you come down for the church secretary's union meeting???

Hugs and smiles,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim, I will be there for our meeting in 3 short months!! Can't wait!
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda J.:

Three months sounds like a long time but it won't be since I will be up there in Manty in less than a month!! Are you saving boxes yet for Mom to use? You may have already told me this answer.....

Love,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I have gotten boxes twice from Linda......so between her,Lynn and Jill I have quite a supply here. I now have the keys to my new place and we will be taking some stuff over. Thursday we have to set up for Communion and then we may go to see the boys in their VBS presentation.Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom!

Glad to hear you have a stock-pile of boxes for packing, but just be careful not to overdo it, okay? If you want to, really really want to, it might help to have the clothes moved over ahead of time, so I won't have to buy the wardrobe boxes to use. Just do not stress about anything, please!

I am so envious of you getting to see/hear the boys in their VBS program!!! Ask them to retell the stories, that is so cool!

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I think the best "potty" story is still when a little boy has to go so bad that he has to "press my knees together and pray" You know who that was!Mom

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Mom,

Yes, you are right! That is a prize winner story.....Justin wasn't the only one who had to "hold his legs together and pray" that day! Gotta love it! Making a u-turn on Blanding Blvd. to get back to the Hardee's bathroom is NOT an easy task! Glad his prayers worked!

Hugs and laughs,

Kim