My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Lovely work---Soft but strong"

When I got home from my massage therapy treatment, I immediately opened my e-mails. One came from the president of the Art Guild with the sad message that one of the characters from the Thrasher-Horne Center had died in late August. Last week, actually, now that I think about it. Tony Falcone, Curator at THCA, died of a rapidly progressing cancer. He was the man who hung the show which the Art Guild did last fall when Judy R. was here for her stay with me. Not only did Tony hang the show, he also served as the Judge for us, my third show to enter, and my third Juried in. Whew! Later, I received a "Report Card" in the mail from Tony, showing me the "grades" he gave my piece, all 3's and 4's out of a high of 5. Across the bottom of the page he had written a note which said, "Lovely work--soft but strong". The report card has been on my desk a long time, as have most pieces of paper, sadly, but now this one has grown in much greater value to me. Tony's absence will be noticeable...............

Here is the painting which got the favorable report card from Tony last fall titled
"Rains Unites the Earth and Sky" using only two colors of paint for the whole piece

No comments: