My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Friday, October 9, 2009

What? Two nieces with birthdays in the same week?

Today, my niece, Alayna, became a legal adult. She can now vote! This young lady is a senior at the local public high school, serves as an officer for her class, is in the church choir and attends Bible study with her Aunt Lynn, Grandma K, and friend, Linda J, whom we share. Alayna also works at the public library. How does she do it? She is fired up by Starbucks! Happy birthday, Sweetheart!
Justin is brushing his cousins' gorgeous hair. She has the best head of hair I have ever seen although I have never styled it like Justin did!

Here is Alayna as a little girl, sitting on Justin's lap. Because I did not live in Manitowoc when she was born or growing up, I have fewer pictures of her than I have of Lisa. Sorry, sweetheart! But the ones I have do show my Justin in them, too, so that might make up for it. This was taken at Grandma K's house, when she lived in the duplex, so at least 12 years ago.

Now that her hair is all brushed, it is time to make some toast.

You cannot sit around eating and watching TV all day! There are chores to attend to.....teamwork, people, teamwork!

Alayna is flanked by her two cousins, Justin and Dustin, and her by her dear friend, Grandma K!

Kerry and Alayna share a chuckle at Lori's house this summer at Dusty's graduation party.
Alayna and Justin are wallflowers at Lynn's surprise birthday party last year in September.
Here is Alayna in her prom dress from last spring. She is a vision of beauty in yellow, her favorite color! Justin did not fix her hair for this event....
Alayna and her mama, Kerry, taken at Time Out at one of our family gatherings. Look at that child's, excuse me, now adult, gorgeous hair. How much you want to bet she will never spike her hair when she is old like me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! Alayna is a very special girl, Justin is a very special young man!! love them both!!

Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda!

Thanks! I only wish I did have more baby pictures. Maybe I do but I just can't lay my hands on them right now....A good snow day project!

Smiling,

Kim

Anonymous said...

we might have a snow day today!!! Right now the sun is shining and the coffee is brewing!! Life is good!!!

Love and hugs
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Oh. Linda!

You made me laugh, almost shot soda out of my nose!

Have a great day and use your fireplace!

Love 'n hugs,

Kim