My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

What time is it anyway?

It is actually bedtime, just past it, but I am still too keyed up to sleep. After tip-toeing to the kitchen to get some ibuprofen and waiting for it to kick in, I decided to post. My ankle is aching me as though I twisted it or something but did not, so I do not know what is going on. My brain is not ready to sleep yet because we attended the symphony presentation of "Carmina Burana" at the Times-Union Center with Linda and Justin. The chorus and soloists were amazing, with the orchestra simply phenomenal. The text of the words was provided at each seat so we could follow along with the story but it was hard to read the words while watching the musicians and conductor. Simply put---WOW! Kathy B.'s daughter, Kelly, was there and it was great to see her again.
*
We ate at home for dinner, leftovers from our feast last night or from Koko's at lunch time. I was not really hungry since I was still full from lunch but the other two found something good to eat before we headed out. We took only one car so only had to pay for one parking space. The drive was smooth and we arrived in good time before going to our seats. We were in Box 10, comfortable chairs and good views, except for not being able to see the children's chorus.
*
Linda's and my day began with cleaning up the kitchen after the mess of the feast last night. In no time the dishwasher was busily cleaning the dishes, the counters were wiped off, food placed in the appropriate-sized storage dishes, and the tablecloth laundered for the next use.
*
We went to Wal*Mart for a few things where I ran into Charlie and LaMora, former members at my church. So nice to see them again, always when we are shopping! Linda and I were in search of the perfect receptacle for storing my DVDs. Linda uses one of her Longaburger baskets for her movies and I thought this might the solution for me. But, here is the shocking news--Wal*Mart no longer "carries" baskets! Justin needed some new under garments and socks which I picked up while there, making sure I had all items the same brand, as he declares himself "monkish" in that respect. In search of the right-sized basket, off to Target we went, via Great Hang Ups! Of course, once in the vicinity of Hang Ups, the inevitable occurred and we found ourselves around the table at Koko's with Julia joining us!
*
After our lovely lunch and lively conversation, we eventually got to Target. As I expressed to Linda, I do not know why Target is not my store of choice in the first place. I guess I use Wal*Mart because of the pharmacy in order to pay only $4 for them, on recommendation Dr. House (his real name!). Regardless, I found so many wonderful things to consider for when I make up goodie bags to give the preschool and kindergarten children after their CHRISTmas program. The bags can include tiny flower pots which contains a seedling for a CHRISTmas tree! In the dollar aisle! I had already decided to do a candy cane with the story of what they mean attached and then to have something to watch grow, hopefully, well, terrific!
*
We did find a suitable basket for much less money than a Longaburger one while Linda found some books to take home for her grandkids. When we got home, I put on a movie while we rested before getting ourselves ready for the symphony. "The Woman" proved to be a fun movie to watch and I think Linda saw the entire thing with her eyes open rather than closed! She said it always a good movie to laugh and cry at the same time. Amen to that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it with WalMart? Not to handle baskets anymore? I knew that they were getting out of selling shoes. Maybe I can find a basket in all my mess. At least now I have a good excuse for my house being in disarray. I better get going because I need to shower, go to work for a bit and then haul some stuff over. Lynn is swinging by to give me a hand. It is quite a nice day out today, sun is out and it should get warm.I can see Asian beetles flying about though. Have a great day. Love you!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Jill!

They probably took out the wicker baskets to make room for the CHRISTmas stuff going in already!

I did find a basket at Target but have yet to load it up. That can wait until Linda's gone.

Thank Lynn from me, too, for helping you move your boxes today!

Enjoy your lovely weather, we are!

Love 'n hugs,

Kim