My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Photos from my WI trip

Let me blame my new purse camera....I was not yet familiar with the delicate touch required for taking pictures, being accustomed to the big Canon camera. This is Judy R., sitting in her kitchen, before we got busy with prep work for the feast for the next day. Pink is certainly her color, do you not agree? As we worked on slicing turkey and peeling potatoes, we could yak away, waiting for her son and daughter-in-law with their three girls to arrive....or was it four??

Lori is the consummate baker and hostess, as shown her by two pies she whipped up and left to cool on her antique sideboard. They just begged to be photographed! I lust after her lovely cobalt blue pie pan...I ask it when she passes.

Manny sat on Noah's lap while we played "Apples to Apples", a game new to Lisa and Noah. I think they still won!

This is a photo taken from the landing, looking down into Lori and David's family room. Does the word "welcoming" come to mind? It should, because it is! Gorgeous room, gorgeous home!

Alayna was making a puss face as we got settled for the ThanksLiving feast, I think she wanted to sit next to Dusty. Isn't Lisa beautiful in this picture? I think so! Lori poured the 'faux' wine, pomegranate flavored 7-Up---yummy!

I just had to take this picture of Lori, which I titled "Playing Hurt" which shows her toiling away in the kitchen to prepare our feast, all the while nursing an inflamed Achilles tendon! Once I referred to it as "Das Boot" and she said, "That's what David calls it, too!" Great minds think alike. At the end of the day she must get off her foot and apply ice to it, especially after a long day of shopping on Friday!

Lori made these incredible cranberries, cooking the 'you-know-what' out of them, added apples and pecans after they were cooked, and presenting them in this lovely bowl. Isn't that the most gorgeous presentation?

Gabe and Manny entertained themselves the better part of Black Friday, playing with Dusty's 'Star Wars' Legos. Every time it was suggested they start picking up the 10,000 pieces, they would declare that they were still playing with them. My guess is Lori is still finding pieces in the family room!

4 comments:

Darla said...

Great pics and loads of food! And that fireplace is beautiful...

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Darla!

Thanks for the compliments on the photos...as my disclaimer states, I was not familiar with the intricacies of my camera. Later I found a setting for "shake control"...really?

The foods were amazing, Lori is a great cook..Now, what will happen when they come down here to see me at CHRISTmas????

Hugs,

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Love the pictures!!! Looks like you had a great time!!

Love and snowy hugs!
Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Yes, Linda J., you know I did!!! Lori is quite the cook and I will have a hard act to follow when they are here with me!

Smiling,

Kim