My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A peaceful Sunday

When Lori and David were here over CHRISTmas, they had brought along a movie called "Life as a House" which had potential for being my kind of move except for the foul language. Lori said they used this movie as part of her training for her ministry at church, which seems odd since it has bad language! But the message, the story, has a good lesson in it. I am watching it today, on 'regular' TV so even though there are commercials, it is also edited. Glad I saw it in the directory for after the football game!
*
My dear friends took me to lunch after church today. Paul, Emily, and Sarah enjoyed Aron's Pizza, although none of us had pizza! I had my usual stromboli with half of it coming home with me, of course. Sarah did not eat all her 'basketti' either so she will have that for dinner. She was proud of losing her tooth this morning and has another one nearly falling out. I took a picture with my cell phone to send to "my Justin", as she refers to him.
Here is Sarah trying to expose the space where her tooth is missing!
*
Well, last night, against sentiment in my body, I got dressed and went to Linda's house at the beach for chili, games, and the bonfire. I am so delighted and glad that I did, for many reasons, the first of which is Linda is my friend! While the gathering did not work out exactly as she wished, it was nice just the same. I got to spend some time with Carol, a friend I met at Linda's a couple years ago on Dale's one year anniversary, and saw her again at the Advent Song Service. The resident 'hippie' in the condo complex who holds two advanced degrees in something, is our official bonfire maker, and takes great pride in his fires. He scavenged a wrought-iron planter up on legs which works great for bringing the heat up closer to our faces and allows the air to get underneath to burn hotter. Perhaps one of his degrees, this bearded beach bum, is in fire building! Good ole Fred, the fire starter!
*
Having a smaller group gave Linda and I plenty of time just by ourselves so we could catch up decently. Usually we are in passing at the church events, and we have lots of news between us. The highlight in hers is that her daughter, Lisa, is getting married in March with plans for a wedding shower in February. Lisa is concerned about etiquette and all that, while Linda would like to wing it. Not being Lisa's first marriage, there is allowance for some variation, in our opinion. On my ride down to St. Augustine, the rain was a nuisance and the wind ferocious, making it hard to imagine that we would soon be sitting on the beach around a bonfire. At about the halfway mark, it stopped raining but the wind was still wicked, trying to move my car around on the road. Later, when I left Linda's, the wind had once more kicked up and blew spray the sprinklers onto my car and me. Not only did I smell like a bonfire, I also smelled like sulphur on top of that!
*
This morning after Bible study, Brian came to me with a couple things he needs help with. I will be glad to pitch in, especially when it comes to nagging. The idea of getting unfinished projects closer to being completed is quite exciting for me, and hopefully for all of us. Especially those who are NOT being nagged by me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Celandine has left a new comment on your post "A peaceful Sunday":

It was truly awesome reading through this post.....

Sunday is one of the most awaited day of the week.

It's the day to relax our body and rejuvenating our souls,completing all the pending works and starting some new assignments,freak out with friends,go for a family picnic,etc.

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Celandine:

Thank you for commenting on my posting! I am curious where or how you found me.

I agree with rejuvenating the soul and love the idea of family picnics!

Kim