My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Starting the day...

....but yet in my nightie! Every couple minutes I am checking my phone, trying to reach Mom to sing 'happy birthday' to her. The line is busy, so I must be in queue for getting hold of her! I sent her an e-mail greeting already which she will hopefully get. She reads the newspaper on-line which ties up the telephone line so I just keep trying. Guess I could get dressed in the meantime. It feels wonderful here in the sun, at the 'big computer' now, as I have some work on the newsletter to complete plus want to print off something for my church project. Martie had to cancel as she forgot all about her son leaving the country tomorrow. She is going to spend time with him today before he goes to London to pack up their household for the move. They are moving to AZ where his next duty station will be. His wife was already here in Jax, having to travel before she was in her 7th month, the rules for international travel. Her folks live here so they stayed with them. Their baby is now two weeks old, daughter Marilyn, to go with their little boys! Tammy will certainly have her hands full for many years to come!
*
More later!

No comments: