My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Signing off for a day or two

Please do not poison yourselves if I do not post for a day or so. In a few minutes Justin will be here and we are leaving for the airport, a bit earlier than he would like. It is in his best interest, however, to do it for me, because I hate to have to rush. I would rather sit in the gate area than try to run down the hall and lose my shoes!
*
Thankfully I did sleep last night which is unusual when I have my alarm set. Once I set my phone alarm, it follows that I do not trust it to wake me up. But, I did fall asleep for much of the night, waking at one point to see the same show on TV that was on when I fell asleep. How weird a feeling that was!
*
At my mom 's house, I have access to her computer so will be able to post if not daily, then regularly. She has a dial-up service which uses her telephone line so my times on-line will be reserved for after hours or for shorter bursts at a time. I am looking forward to seeing my family again and the other side of the family as well since we were not up for Christmas this last year. At ThanksLiving I only got to see Barb, Mona, and Sharon due to spending part of my time in Holmen with Lori. I will get a healthy dose this visit, since it involves the funeral service for the patriarch of the family, Arno.
*
My concern right now is that my suitcase will be too heavy but I worry about that every time. Last trip it was 4 pounds under, much to my relief. You know you are not done paying when you get your tickets---no, one must also pay bag fees! Even though the fuel prices have come back down, the airlines kept the bag fees!
*
I will check in probably tomorrow morning so please come back tomorrow but forgive me if I miss a posting or two since I will be having so much fun with my peeps!

5 comments:

Linda M said...

Dear Kim,

Can't find any poison.Will Valentine candy do the trick!!!!

Ordered this snow just for you!!!!

Have a great time with your family!!!

Speeding Along in WI,
Linda M

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Linda M.!

Take it easy on the candy, okay? Thanks so much for the extra snow and biting winds yesterday.....

Trying to have fun but feeling poorly today. No perch for me for a few days I fear!

Hugs,

Kim

Darla said...

Have a wonderful time with your family! Sorry I haven't been on here this week, but I have been traveling. By the time I get to settle back in, I hope your at home and you had a nice visit!

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Darla!

Have a good trip and I will be posting soon. Remember, I am on dial-up here and tie up Mom's home phone so have to plan accordingly.

Talk with you soon!

Kim

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Darla!

Have a good trip and I will be posting soon. Remember, I am on dial-up here and tie up Mom's home phone so have to plan accordingly.

Talk with you soon!

Kim