My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A full moon on the river

Last night, late, the sky broke open enough to allow for the moon to find its way out for this photo. I did not see the moon at first, but did see the shadows it was casting on the floors and walls in my bedroom. Already the night before I had the camera ready to go and tried my best to capture the full moon on the river. Well, not quite my best, since I did not bother with the gorilla tripod to secure the camera to the rail as this shot required a steady hand. The little squiggle in the water is actually a light from across the river, and I jiggled a bit when snapping. This looks pretty good though, after I figured out to hold the flash thingy down before taking the shot. It looks eerie to me but it was really more peaceful than anything else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Love the picture of the moon on the river!!

Linda J

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Dear Linda J.:

I knew you would and thank you for commenting. You have seen it in the flesh and there really is nothing like it. The Outreach meeting turned out to be wonderful the other night, and I am again reinspired!

Let's talk!

Love, Kim