My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, July 26, 2010

The birthday boy and his mama!

I am at this moment listening to a podcast based on faith, hope and charity, hearing at this moment the little ditty called "Simple Gifts" that Justin learned how to play on the piano during his lessons, back in the day. Today is Justin's birthday and many have commented on my Facebook page about his special day, due in part to the photo I posted there, the same one shown here. It seems that Justin somehow became taller than me, but I cannot remember when that happened....My friend, Dee, claims he was my height when we first met the ladies of Great Hang Ups, but in watching the funeral video, he is already taller than me. I officially met Dee and Julia after the funeral, when I commissioned Dee to paint Timmy's portrait. They kept a growth chart on their doorway at Hang Ups, tracking Justin's leaps and spurts of height. After moving to the new store on Fleming Island, they marked it once or twice, but then, he got so tall, it was no fun anymore!

Justin and me posing after Jamie's wedding in June of 2009
*
Some of the comments are about the height difference, and thanks that he did not inherit the vertically challenged gene from me. It is my hope that other traits and characteristics are passed along, however, since the world already has enough short people. We do share a smile, and for that I rejoice! This photo does not show it as obviously as unposed photos do. Our eyes are the same, too, and his biggest wish (he has many many many wishes) is to some day have LASIK so he no longer has to wear glasses. A couple years ago I bought him contacts which lasted one whole day, as he could never get them back again after taking them out. At this time, he remains in the faith and is a believer in the saving work our Savior did for us, and it is my prayer that this never fades. A mom can be weepy on her son's birthday, right?

No comments: