My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hanging on for dear life

There!!!! My new room---well, at least the floor is new---once clean and neat, is now trashed! Justin came over after working yesterday to put my office stuff back together and into place, including piles of paper, heaps of paper, on my desk. Nice! One thing that came to mind when Mike and Andy were putting my furniture into place and such was my office chair. It really needs something to govern it, because when I stand up or sit down, whee!!!!!, away it goes, as though trying to get away. One thought they had was to put coasters under the casters, or was it casters under the coasters??, like they put under the legs of the bed frame and dressers. I would not be able to scoot around, as is my custom, but it also would prevent scratches from marring the floor. Another option Mike thought about was the floor protector used typically under desks to protect carpet and allow for chair movement, but not the one for carpets. Some research must be done on that. Or or or I could move the round rug that I brought in from my foyer over here to the desk region and ride around on that!
*
Since beginning this posting, I have been out to the pool and am back in again. It was sort of quiet today, not as full and busy as I would have liked, but lovely just the same. The greatest news was the return of the hot dogs, the same brand as last year. Yippee!! The water was the perfect temperature and the air was great, too, coming in at 97 above zero. Who could ask for better? Tonight is a mini-buffet event poolside so I changed from the swimsuit to nightie until such time as I must dress for dinner. Last night I enjoyed time with my friend, Penny, and others from the building. Once more I stepped outside my comfort zone and ordered the chicken and cheese quesadilla served with corn salsa. I ate half of the four pieces and my neighbor, Rosemary, ate one quarter, and Cassidy, my downstairs neighbor, ate the salsa. I really prefer the sirloin sliders and that's all there is to it! Even Beckham, The Prince of The Palace, enjoyed some time poolside with his parents.

No comments: