My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My cable's out!!! My cable's out!!!

How will I sleep tonight???? It is only on the fritz in the bedroom (why, oh why???) starting yesterday after I got back from setting up at church. No storms since Thursday afternoon's window rattler so it is not likely to be from lightning. I even swapped the boxes from room to room but to no avail. Last night I got some sleep using the "Frasier" dvds but when they stop, so does the sleep. What can I say? This is just the way it works for me. One of my Facebook friends from First German also 'needs' radio or the TV on when sleeping so I am not alone in this.
*
At the pool this afternoon I was sharing this problem about the cable with my neighbors and several had suggestions and ideas for me. I was told to get the numbers from the back of the cable equipment and call the local customer service people to see if they can reset it or whatever. Others said they are ready to throw their little cable boxes into the river so I am somewhere in between those two ideas. My downstairs neighbor, Jeff, had been trying to help his wife's grandma with her cable problem and found out it was struck by lightning. He called me to see if he could come up and help me but I explained the situation with the boxes working in one room but not the other, and he figured that was out of his league. I was grateful and thankful for his offer, though.
*
I did try calling the Help Line but the hold time was over 10 minutes so I gave up and used a different help line. My friend Gayle used to work for Comcast and her hubby still does, so I got in touch with her. She said Dick would have someone call me from dispatch in the morning and a repairman would be here tomorrow !!! I love it! Gayle is my friend, Gordy's daughter. I asked her if Dick knew me and she said, "He knows you are important to this family" which choked me up and then Gayle said, "He knows you are Timmy's mom..." Oh, boy! Gulp...I had talked with him at Gordy's visitation but am not 100% sure he knew who I was. He will after tomorrow, though, that's for sure!
*
My skin is back to normal after being quite pruny from being in the pool over four hours this afternoon. It was all I could do to drag myself out of the water and upstairs. Penny told me my nose was getting red so I decided to call it quits. As the sun was going behind the trees, it was feeling 'cooler' to me anyway. My face is a bit crisp but lotion was applied immediately to soothe it. Perhaps tomorrow I will stay in from the pool but Tuesday and Wednesday are aerobics days so out I will be! I had to laugh the other day when my sister wrote something funny about me. She read that I had yogurt for breakfast and then was going out for water aerobics. Lori wrote: "Yogurt? Water aerobics? Okay, where is my sister and what have you done with her????" I roared with laughter over that one!

This photo was taken using my cell phone while at the pool at the end of the day Sunday. Close up is Judee B., and sitting on the edge of the pool are Penny and Miss Chardonnay. My noodle is in the foreground and is the same color as my nose!

No comments: