My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am in this state of mind.....indulge me!


This is a bell tower from one of the many Orthodox churches in Greece, this one being in Mykonos. *sigh* Look at that lovely sky...

Taking photos of doors, windows, and hardware was one my favorite things to do when traveling. This window caught my fancy, on the sidestreet in Mykonos, I think. Either there, or in Santorini.

This beautiful set of windows are in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. We had to take our photos without benefit of flash so not all of them turned out this well.

The Temple of Maidens near the Parthenon. It was a hot day the last time I was there and a young lady nearly passed out. I stopped a passerby to get them to share their water with her. I did not have anything to offer to her but these folks did!

Looking down from the acropolis at some of the ruins surrounding it

No comments: