My photo
No longer on the river and, again, an empty nester. Back to living on Fleming Island and making some more friends!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Listening to the breezes

What a gorgeous evening it is! The breeze off the river is a delight, not too hot outside right now, after being near 95 most of the day. It felt great to be in the pool and alongside today, in fact, my shoulders are aware that I spent the past three afternoons in the water. When I hang on the edge of the pool and do my bicycles, my shoulders support me, as best they can. Thank heaven for buoyancy!

My eyes are like pokers tonight so this posting might not be lengthy but I can make up for it in the morning. It seems as though being in the sun so long this afternoon made my eyes tired, even though often they were closed. Maybe those wrap around sunglasses were not a bad idea! Also, I had dinner this evening with Terri T. where we each had a blue drink at Blu Tavern. It is new, where a bbq or two used to be on Wells Road. I loved it there, lots of blue accents and decorating, sort of like the Blu Grotto looked like on Fleming Island. I hope this place does better than Grotto did.

Interesting news from the weekend, aside from the horrendous destruction from the weather, from the getting-crowded political field. Wow, this is getting exciting! Who's next to enter the fray? The tornado news from MO is awful but also areas in and around Minneapolis and even Oshkosh, where my sister, Kerry, lives had serious storms. If it isn't flooding, it's tornadoes...and people worry about us living in Florida with hurricanes. At least we get a bit of a head's up that it is coming!

I will check back tomorrow with more words, as my fingers are lazy tonight! Hugs!


No comments: